• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR v Exeter Matchday Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm guessing the misogynistic chanting referred to was the 'get your ***s out for the lads' chant . This was aimed at the large guy with minimal clothing on, I believe.
That chant could be heard clearly on iFollow and felt like a throwback to the 90's.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't there last night but have heard the JMT chants before. They are unnecersery and somewhat embarrassing. As for the rest of it (assuming budegrecian is correct) have the narrow minded Village idiots not got a sense of humour.
The other problem with the JMT chants is that they seem to be counter-productive as he usually seems to play well against us despite, or maybe even because of, the abuse. Perhaps, we might be better off just ignoring him next time.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The other problem with the JMT chants is that they seem to be counter-productive as he usually seems to play well against us despite, or maybe even because of, the abuse. Perhaps, we might be better off just ignoring him next time.
He plays well against us because he's a good player.

Trapdoor

We used to sing it to Athena. As God is my witness I swear, if she had I'd have died a happy man there and then. Alas Athena was a no show goddess but sometimes in my dreams.....😇
I believe at least a few players at the time had sampled her wares.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he lives in the West Bromwich area he can presumably commute to Nailsworth. Not possible to Exeter.
Kane moved to Tetbury when he signed for FGR, so was prepared to relocate.

STURTZ

We used to sing it to Athena. As God is my witness I swear, if she had I'd have died a happy man there and then. Alas Athena was a no show goddess but sometimes in my dreams.....😇
The chant I remember directed at Athena had the same tune but was more of a proctological enquiry.

StroudGrecian

We way that JMT left us is no doubt at the root of the animosity towards him. There are two sides to every story but the general perception was, IIRC, that despite being 'one of our own' JMT had already agreed to follow Tisdale to the Franchise before the play-off final defeat to Cov, the highlights of which included a half-arsed performance from him and a very public bust-up with Christy Pym in our own penalty area.

I'm not defending offensive chanting at all but it gives some context as to why JMT in particular is given grief, while others such as Kane Wilson get polite applause from those appreciative of his time with us.

Grecian Max

Zzzzz go to the rugby or Torquay if you want family fun day

And no I wasn't there, I'm an armchair fan now

Colesman Ballz

Give the Chipnickers a miss, investigations into their own fans at two recent games, and talk of lifetime bans for the miscreants ! :(

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster

And no I wasn't there, I'm an armchair fan now
Agree to a point, I wouldn't take my daughter to an away game - isn't that a bit sad though?