• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite half-time entertainment at SJP?

ex_user1234

Resigned
For me it was back in the 90s when we used to have two opposing fans chase each other around the pitch, Tom and Jerry style. So simple but so entertaining.

MLB seem to have taken it to a new level!!!

Ed

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
When we had two people racing each other around the pitch in opposite directions seemed to get the crowd quite excited I remember, I think one runner was a City fan and the other an away fan the races were normally quite close at the end.

Grecian68

For me it was back in the 90s when we used to have two opposing fans chase each other around the pitch, Tom and Jerry style. So simple but so entertaining.

MLB seem to have taken it to a new level!!!

Ed
Skeet‘s the turkey in an Argyle shirt being chased and shot by hunters in a City shirt, for some unknown reason, it was frowned upon by the football league, who put a stop to it.

Colesman Ballz

I recall the time when a large duck (wearing a bow tie) was paraded around SJP. I believe it was quite a celebrity up in North Devon, putting in many appearances to raise money for charities.

The promoter of Sunderland's Basketball Club once organised a Xmas draw to win a Turkey. They five "lucky" winners were invited out to centre court at half time, to collect their prizes whereupon, five live turkeys were released, and the winners were told "There are your prizes, go catch them !". After the resulting mayhem they did all subsequently receive a frozen bird. Can't imagine the RSPB were amused though.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mine was Athena, when her left breast fell out whilst leaning forward to adjust her shoe.

Reactions: DB9

TOP_CITY_FAN

Bring back the giant blow up pint of cider where we had to kick the ball in.

Colesman Ballz

Mine was Athena, when her left breast fell out whilst leaning forward to adjust her shoe.
But was it before or after 1st February 2004 ? The reason I ask is that was when Janet Jackson had her "wardrobe malfunction" at the Superbowl, and I wondered who was copying who ? Of course in Jackson's case she was making a "right" tit of herself !

Alistair20000

Ooh err missus :eek:

The promoter of Sunderland's Basketball Club once organised a Xmas draw to win a Turkey. They five "lucky" winners were invited out to centre court at half time, to collect their prizes whereupon, five live turkeys were released, and the winners were told "There are your prizes, go catch them !". After the resulting mayhem they did all subsequently receive a frozen bird. Can't imagine the RSPB were amused though.
ECFC had its own "shoot the turkey" entertainment, I believe it was the brainchild of Steve Birley. I think it had to be stopped when some fat kid (and no it wasn't me) had to receive medical attention, I don't think it was from embarrassment, but exhaustion after he had ran around chasing after a turkey dressed in the oppositions shirt wielding a blunderbuss. Allegedly, it was stopped because an Argyle fan complained about it before the 1992 Boxing Day game, however, it was more likely stopped because our public liability insurance didn't cover deaths during a turkey shoot. The whole thing was surreal and much better than the football entertainment back in the day. We even had commemorative "Turkey" duvet covers made for the club shop for the Autoglass area final in 1993, these must be worth a fortune now.

LOG

It would get boring if it was every week, but i did enjoy it when the Royal Marines came on at half time and beat the :poop: out of each other.