• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite board games

GJW

Trivial Pursuit and Risk, although haven’t played Risk in years.
When I was about 9 I had the Superstars board game, based on the TV Sports show in the late seventies. I would play that for hours. Brilliant game.

Anyone got any obscure favourites?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I loved Escape from Colditz a board game that was from the early 1970s & was inspired by the TV programme(Colditz)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Do have regular evenings of Monopoly when there is nothing on the TV but must have about 8 different variants now Simpsons , Star Wars etc etc.
And do like the electronic Star Wars game which is still brilliant with good sound effects.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spy Ring ………….

GJW

I loved Escape from Colditz a board game that was from the early 1970s & was inspired by the TV programme(Colditz)
We had that one as well. I remember a Dads Army board game I used to play with my Brothers. Yet again probably mid seventies.

IndoMike

Got to be chess. Totally absorbing and a great way to relax.
Trivial Pursuit is OK but I never know the Entertainment answers

Banksy

Chess , used to be a club chess and county player and also controlled local ( Devon and Exeter ) tournaments which complimented my football involvement. Still have half a dozen games going daily against international opponents on the net.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Chess , used to be a club chess and county player and also controlled local ( Devon and Exeter ) tournaments which complimented my football involvement. Still have half a dozen games going daily against international opponents on the net.
That's good, Banksy. I'm not at your level but can still win a game (if my opponent is not looking ;) )

Banksy

That's good, Banksy. I'm not at your level but can still win a game (if my opponent is not looking ;) )
It’s an interesting game , so many different variations and combinations.I suppose chess is a bit like football Mike , control the midfield and don’t attack until you have enough pieces up!

iscalad

Played chess for my schoo; back in the day. Haven't really played since.
Loved Monopoly when I was a kid. Also Totopoly and Bucaneer then Escape from Colditz and Risk when I was a little bit older.