• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans' Forum

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please don't tell me that TAH is now fit and will be offered a new contract to prove himself next season!
if he's fit and able and the monies right i could imagine a lot worse to have. But i'm still of the opinion he'll have a 'telling' part to play this season. but we will see.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what was wrong with recording this meeting and putting at least an edited version on grecian player?
There will be a video on YouTube today. I will post a link here as soon as it's online.

IndoMike

So the fact that we are now in the playoff places, continue to develop young players like Ollie Watkins who will ensure that the club has a sustainable future, have a spanking new state of the art training facility and a new grandstand about to start construction, don't make you think the current structure of the club might just be working?
Sorry to be pedantic, but it should be "doesn't", not "don't". I correct this only in the interest of our younger readers who are developing their English language skills. It's true there has been progress off the field. Hopefully the ground development will be successful and the academy will keep producing. It has performed very well recently but I do think we cannot rely totally on always finding new talent. MU had its successful era but hasn't produced so much recently. Southampton's supply seems to be drying up a bit. My point is that we must try to consolidate as a Div 1 team with average crowds of 5000 or more. Success on the field should be the main aim.

Terryhall

There will be a video on YouTube today. I will post a link here as soon as it's online.
Thanks Pete, looking forward to seeing what was discussed.

Was it a good turnout?

STURTZ

if he's fit and able and the monies right i could imagine a lot worse to have. But i'm still of the opinion he'll have a 'telling' part to play this season. but we will see.
Urgh, nasty flashback to Paul Read spending all season injured, returning for a couple of games getting a new contract and being unfit for selection for another season.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Thanks Pete, looking forward to seeing what was discussed.

Was it a good turnout?
About average Terry.....Around 50, although a lot of familiar faces.

Fareham Grecian

Sorry to be pedantic, but it should be "doesn't", not "don't". I correct this only in the interest of our younger readers who are developing their English language skills. It's true there has been progress off the field. Hopefully the ground development will be successful and the academy will keep producing. It has performed very well recently but I do think we cannot rely totally on always finding new talent. MU had its successful era but hasn't produced so much recently. Southampton's supply seems to be drying up a bit. My point is that we must try to consolidate as a Div 1 team with average crowds of 5000 or more. Success on the field should be the main aim.
I don't think you are sorry; I think you enjoy being pedantic, as I do :)

Nice - even if unconsciously done - that the best parallels you can find for our youth setup are Man U and Saints! Of course we can't rely on continuing to produce young talent, but it is a structural part of our business model and should, with continued care and investment, form a virtuous spiral. Success on the field is clearly important and desirable, but I would suggest survival is rather more so!

Terryhall

About average Terry.....Around 50, although a lot of familiar faces.
Thanks - good to hear. More would be better but that doesn't seem too bad for a Monday night where perhaps fans who don't live in the city / nearby didn't fancy trekking into town and trekking out afterwards.

Hopefully the video gets lots of views as well from those who couldn't make it.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Urgh, nasty flashback to Paul Read spending all season injured, returning for a couple of games getting a new contract and being unfit for selection for another season.
fair enuf cant alter your take. i know our defence has had a good run until recently , but realistically whats been playing hasnt imo, really had any 'decent' competition, who do you reckon would have been able to step up and take over? now troy has forced himself onto the bench i reckon they'll know that there's someone ready to step in if they dont deliver, so alls good ish. oh and just a thought looking at last nights results maybe a point against blackpool wasnt such a terrible result after all..

Well-known Exeweb poster
thanks for that pete, will look forward to it . back in the day i suggested live video wouldnt be dificult to set up, well it's even easier now. an i phone on a selfie stick connected to skye would do it. sound could do with a mic ,, but one step at a time !!! thanks again.

Last edited: