• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum

milts

When was the last time the club held an official fans forum to allow fans to ask questions to the clubs board and the management team?

Rog H K

If you pop down to Sidmouth tonight the East Devon Grecians are having a meeting/forum with Tisdale @7:30 Sidmouth war memorial Club.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And the Exiles had one with Taggy on Friday.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
And the Exiles had one with Taggy on Friday.
Can I make a plea for someone to post a note of anything of general relevance that was disseminated / discussed? We have heard little of late from the Club about the redevelopment project, state of the ground (when is the collapse at the away end gonna be repaired?), financial position, etc. etc.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
It's a shame there isn't more advance notice of these meetings. I would've been tempted by the EDG one if I'd known about it a few days earlier.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's a shame there isn't more advance notice of these meetings. I would've been tempted by the EDG one if I'd known about it a few days earlier.
We published this on 28th March. :( http://www.exeweb.com/2013/03/28/east-devon-grecians-meeting-with-paul-tisdale/

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Expect there will be some sort of official forum during the summer, would be dissapointed if there wasn't and hope those that can go ask some relevant questions and are given answers with some substance.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Ooops, my apologies Hants, I didn't see it. With the weather improving I'm a little more able to travel. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.
Mind you (searching desperately for an excuse) unless you come to exeweb via the front page you won't see it. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a link anywhere.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Can I make a plea for someone to post a note of anything of general relevance that was disseminated / discussed? We have heard little of late from the Club about the redevelopment project, state of the ground (when is the collapse at the away end gonna be repaired?), financial position, etc. etc.
Apparently there ought to be some notes emerging from it, but to answer specifically on some of your points:

Redevelopment: Hold tight. Possibly the key thing I took away from the meeting was the robust defence of our much-maligned chairman in terms of how he is fighting the good fight re: redevelopment. In terms of "why don't we say anything?" Taggy mentioned the Brazil "announcement" and how, despite overwhelming evidence that he could come out and say it was virtually a done deal, he regretted saying it until it actually WAS a done deal as these things can bite you on the backside.

Repairs: Still one or two issues to sort out, but the capacity / safety of the away end isn't affected.

Financial position: When it was boasted that we were one of the top 10 richest clubs in the country, it was wrong. We're the RICHEST club in the country...the only one of the 92 that apparently has no structural debt.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Apparently there ought to be some notes emerging from it, but to answer specifically on some of your points:

Redevelopment: Hold tight. Possibly the key thing I took away from the meeting was the robust defence of our much-maligned chairman in terms of how he is fighting the good fight re: redevelopment. In terms of "why don't we say anything?" Taggy mentioned the Brazil "announcement" and how, despite overwhelming evidence that he could come out and say it was virtually a done deal, he regretted saying it until it actually WAS a done deal as these things can bite you on the backside.

Repairs: Still one or two issues to sort out, but the capacity / safety of the away end isn't affected.

Financial position: When it was boasted that we were one of the top 10 richest clubs in the country, it was wrong. We're the RICHEST club in the country...the only one of the 92 that apparently has no structural debt.
Thanks for that Jason.

My thoughts re the redevelopment is while I have no choice but to hold tight, it would be nice to know how long we maybe expected to do so until there is any sort of news. If they truly haven't given up at least that is something.

On the repairs I could have guessed that the away end itself isn't affected simply because it used for the two homes despite the admittedly small number of fans visiting. Would hope it is tidied up during the summer, as hopefully insurance would see that it doesn't cost anything.

Great re the finances but there still needs to be meat on the bones, will the playing budget drop again if we are still in league two and if we have no debt what plans are there to increase income so that we can start to build a reserve.