• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ooops, my apologies Hants, I didn't see it. With the weather improving I'm a little more able to travel. I'll keep an eye out for the next one.
Mind you (searching desperately for an excuse) unless you come to exeweb via the front page you won't see it. At the moment, there doesn't seem to be a link anywhere.
Rae, there's an EDG fb page and they always keep you posted with meetings. You can also set it to receive a notification when they post, as they don't post that often, it doesn't get annoying unlike some pages.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/East-Devon-Grecians/246467408610?fref=ts

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for that Jason.

My thoughts re the redevelopment is while I have no choice but to hold tight, it would be nice to know how long we maybe expected to do so until there is any sort of news. If they truly haven't given up at least that is something.

On the repairs I could have guessed that the away end itself isn't affected simply because it used for the two homes despite the admittedly small number of fans visiting. Would hope it is tidied up during the summer, as hopefully insurance would see that it doesn't cost anything.

Great re the finances but there still needs to be meat on the bones, will the playing budget drop again if we are still in league two and if we have no debt what plans are there to increase income so that we can start to build a reserve.
There will be an excess on the insurance for the wall.

Re: finances - as always it comes down to two things, one is cutting costs (which are down to the bare bones) and two is increasing income (which we are hampered by our facilities). A cup run would be nice!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
There will be an excess on the insurance for the wall.

Re: finances - as always it comes down to two things, one is cutting costs (which are down to the bare bones) and two is increasing income (which we are hampered by our facilities). A cup run would be nice!

Amen to that. And a good home record, or at least more exciting games to encourage punters to SJP.

Re the costs hope they are down to bare bones. Appreciate they could be wrong but several people on the do we own our club thread suggesting otherwise. For increasing income sure we could do more fundraising and make better use of the club shop including on line sales.

milts

Apparently there ought to be some notes emerging from it, but to answer specifically on some of your points:

Redevelopment: Hold tight. Possibly the key thing I took away from the meeting was the robust defence of our much-maligned chairman in terms of how he is fighting the good fight re: redevelopment. In terms of "why don't we say anything?" Taggy mentioned the Brazil "announcement" and how, despite overwhelming evidence that he could come out and say it was virtually a done deal, he regretted saying it until it actually WAS a done deal as these things can bite you on the backside.

Repairs: Still one or two issues to sort out, but the capacity / safety of the away end isn't affected.

Financial position: When it was boasted that we were one of the top 10 richest clubs in the country, it was wrong. We're the RICHEST club in the country...the only one of the 92 that apparently has no structural debt.
Have I missed something re Brazil - is this definitely off?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thanks, Shabba, I've liked the page and will keep an eye out for future events.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Redevelopment: Hold tight. Possibly the key thing I took away from the meeting was the robust defence of our much-maligned chairman in terms of how he is fighting the good fight re: redevelopment.
Why does that not surprise me?

StroudGrecian

We're the RICHEST club in the country...the only one of the 92 that apparently has no structural debt.
Doesn't the Old Grandstand count as a structural debt?

milts

Anyone know what was said at tonight's EDG fans forum?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Have I missed something re Brazil - is this definitely off?
No it isn't, but it isn't yet *quite* the done deal as promised a while back.

ralph

Doesn't the Old Grandstand count as a structural debt?
"Like" ....