• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans back in October

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Scrap the mickey mouse cups, maybe even the League CUP for a season (or play them as pre season behind closed doors) No replays in the FA Cup and play more mid week league matches.
I'd also say as a type of curtain opener for the EFL (Because the PL will want to start on a another day so they are seen as "Different" to the EFL) play the EFL trophy final at Wembley and then postpone this season's competition until 2021-22 season so the postponed Euros can start in June 2021

ryancooper327

Snooker and cricket crowds are not the same as football crowds... I guess they’re easier crowds to trial though.

Rosencrantz

It is a bit strange that indoor performances for theatre and music can go ahead from next month socially distanced but all sports have to wait, even the outdoors sports which would be safer.

Politics ahead of science I guess as they have been under a lot of pressure from the performance sector.

Ashford Grecian

Can't recall the last time I sat in my seat at an away match as always go stand in the back couple of rows, not sure this is gonna be possible for the foreseeable.... Will probably be enforced reserved seating?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if we can have a home friendly as a trial event?

Oldsmobile-88

Can't recall the last time I sat in my seat at an away match as always go stand in the back couple of rows, not sure this is gonna be possible for the foreseeable.... Will probably be enforced reserved seating?
Hopefully away support is allowed.
With the expected significantly reduced capacity’s at stadiums I would imagine clubs will be looking to utilise all areas exclusively for home supporters.

Alistair20000

France allowing 5,000 to attend events since 1 July.

Why are we so snail paced with an October target date ?

Red Devon

Its better to err on the side of caution 46 games is a long season.

iscalad

France ate all their snails.

denzel

It is a bit strange that indoor performances for theatre and music can go ahead from next month socially distanced but all sports have to wait, even the outdoors sports which would be safer.

Politics ahead of science I guess as they have been under a lot of pressure from the performance sector.
I agree. Completely illogical. I've heard it said that you are 17 times more likely to be infected indoors. Theatres before outdoor sports makes no sense.