• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans back in October

Boyo

Assuming the tickets are over subscribed, will we be able to watch the matches on iPlayer or similar? I hope so.

Legohead

Banned
So if we have sold say 1500 season tickets, and the club have the money tucked away from these sales, and the limit is put at 1500 when the league resumes, where is the extra turnover on a matchday going to come from if its not through the turnstiles ?
Which is a very, very good point and another reason the season shouldn't start until we're all back to normal.

Last season had to be finished but this season doesn't have to be started until clubs like ours can benefit from fans spending money on tickets or in the ground.

Reactions: Ash

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which is a very, very good point and another reason the season shouldn't start until we're all back to normal.

Last season had to be finished but this season doesn't have to be started until clubs like ours can benefit from fans spending money on tickets or in the ground.
Then I'm afraid Lego if you want the season to start only when things are back to normal, We and a lot of other fans won't have a club to support. Who is going to financially support clubs like ours (Lower league) with no football being played?

Boyo

The season starts on the 12th September, Lego. Fans allowed from the start of October. The question now is how to maximise income so we have a team to support in 12 months time.

Antony Moxey

The season starts on the 12th September, Lego. Fans allowed from the start of October. The question now is how to maximise income so we have a team to support in 12 months time.
Which I guess means another refund for ST holders at the end of the season then?

Boyo

Which I guess means another refund for ST holders at the end of the season then?
Well, Argyle's policy for season ticket holders is that for games that need to be behind closed doors they will be able to watch via iFollow (no refunds). I don't believe ECFC have clarified what the policy is for behind closed door games, which is why I have not renewed mine.

Legohead

Banned
Or expecting some fans to waive it which for a second time would be taking the p*ss a little. Do we only sell a certain number of season tickets based on the number of fans allowed?

Some fans are allowed from October. When will all fans be allowed? Not the clubs fault but some definitive answers from the Government would be a help and give clubs some dates to work from. If it is to be well into next year I really don't see the point in starting the season in September. Mothball clubs temporarily, operate on a skeleton staff, push merchandise etc and resume actual football when there are paying customers to watch and buy beer, food etc.

Who wants to buy a season ticket and get told they can watch half the season on ifollow instead of actually being at SJP? Can't imagine that would be popular.

We want to maximize income but there is no new shirt on sale yet which is a bit counter productive given the apparent frenzy of interest in it.

It's all a bit confusing at the moment and i'm sure the club are trying to get by the best they can given the constraints. There are so many questions and an alarming lack of answers at the moment which isn't the best.

iscalad

Could always let ST holders in for free at cup games.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if we've asked for a test event

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if we've asked for a test event

On the basis of minimising travel etc, a reciprocal 'test event' against Torquay might work for us both on and off the pitch. Restrict attendance to whatever it needs to be at both grounds, hopefully allowing at least some away fans as part of it - even if only a couple of hundred.