• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fair Play

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having won this award last season, we are on course to win it again. As long as we incur no more than 4 bookings, or 2 yellows and a red on Saturday (whilst Walsall or Cambridge incur nothing), we will have the best record across the 92 once more.

Of the 5 teams with the worst disciplinary record in each division, only Spurs, Middlesboro and MK Dons have any chance of Europe/Promotion. The teams with the worst disciplinary record in each division have all struggled (Sunderland, Brighton, Notts County, Mansfield). In contrast both Burton and Bristol City are amongst the best in their respective divisions.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cue the "what a lovely team we are" comments from the usual suspects. Oh and lets not forget Wycombe and their nasty players whilst at it.

Pointless 'award' that means nothing.

budegrecian

Ok, I appreciate I'm in the minority, but I'm proud that we won this award last year & that we look set to do so again.
I'm not suggesting that it's on a par with getting promotion for a minute, but, for me, playing the game in the correct manner shouldn't be dismissed quite as quickly as some on here are liable to do.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Proper chaps win proper awards

Jolly good show Paul.

Colesman Ballz

Cue the "what a lovely team we are" comments from the usual suspects. Oh and lets not forget Wycombe and their nasty players whilst at it.

And there was me thinking that there was a cash award that went with the title last year, 10k ? Perhaps it was only wishful thinking on my part ?(facepalm)

Number13

The only benefit of this is if subconciously we maybe get some decisons off Refs who are sick of gob****es and cheats and divers etc but I havent seen the evidence yet.

Maybe being half way up the fair play table with a couple of hard men would be better..........

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
As the table is based solely on league matches I believe Walsall will win it this year.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster

Say what you like, Jay, but I'd rather we played like we do - as football should be conducted - than scummy Wycombe with their pathetic gamesmanship.

Couldn't be more happy that they seemed to have blown automatic promotion. What goes around comes around.

Say what you like, Jay, but I'd rather we played like we do - as football should be conducted - than scummy Wycombe with their pathetic gamesmanship.

Couldn't be more happy that they seemed to have blown automatic promotion. What goes around comes around.
Absolutely memo. What kind of ****hole wants to watch other ****holes hoofing long balls, whining and cheating just so that we might win the odd game 'like real men'

UTC

Terryhall

Agree with this

Maybe being half way up the fair play table with a couple of hard men would be better..........
And with this

I'd rather we played like we do - as football should be conducted - than scummy Wycombe with their pathetic gamesmanship.
And to a degree with this (but not fully)

As with all things this isn't absolute black and white - there are shades of grey between being the "best" at fair play, and kicking lumps out of the opposition week in week out a la Wycombe. I'd much rather be somewhere in the middle of the pack on fair play and have a team who are able to physically compete with the teams who get "stuck in" and unsettle our ball players - we are crying out for a couple of more "industrial" players, particularly in the middle of the park and at centre-half. If we ever want to get out of this division (and I have to hope that we do?) then we will need to be able to mix it with the physical sides and come out on top.