• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup games

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Future Wimbledon manager Dave Bassett in the Walton team.

Nigel E

Walton and Hersham were a decent team back then, they won the FA Amateur Cup that same season - the penultimate winners of the competition.

They're now in the sixth tier of non-league football, and aren't even the best side in Walton-on-Thames.

Nigel E

You could probably make a November "advent calendar" for City's cup defeats against non-league sides.

Was this day in 1984 that we got dumped out of the cup by Enfield.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Future Wimbledon manager Dave Bassett in the Walton team.
At least it wasn't Mike Bassett.

iscalad

Most depressing thread on Exeweb

Oldsmobile-88

Most depressing thread on Exeweb
😁😁 Not much glory in the FA Cup in my 49 years of watching.😎😎The ‘Joy’ of Exeter City,summed up
perfectly last season at home & away to Hartlepool The 80/81 Cup campaign has made up for a lot of dross I & others have had to witness fortunately.

iscalad

😁😁 Not much glory in the FA Cup in my 49 years of watching.😎😎The ‘Joy’ of Exeter City,summed up
perfectly last season at home & away to Hartlepool The 80/81 Cup campaign has made up for a lot of dross I & others have had to witness fortunately.
40th anniversary next year.

Nigel E

We must have one of the worst records in the country for losing to non-league sides in the FA Cup (while being a League side of course). Would be a nightmare to work out though.

We joined the League in 1920/21 and it was only took us until 1922/23 to lose to our first - Bath City. We lost to Bath again in 1957!

Nigel E

40th anniversary next year.
Beat two non-league sides along the way to redress the balance a bit.

I did all three train trips to Leicester, Newcastle and Spurs.

Oldsmobile-88

We must have one of the worst records in the country for losing to non-league sides in the FA Cup (while being a League side of course). Would be a nightmare to work out though.

We joined the League in 1920/21 and it was only took us until 1922/23 to lose to our first - Bath City. We lost to Bath again in 1957!
The Grecians held the record at one point,but i seem to recall they lost that dubious record in the early 1990s..It was Crewe or Halifax who overtook the Grecians for a FL team losing to a non league side most times in the FAC.
We have had a few more defeats(3)since those days so could hold the record again ?