FA Cup games

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't really remember. It was the season Man Utd didn't play. Something to do with the Euro's maybe?
Ah yes..There was a FIFA tournament in Brazil.
The FA pressured MU to take part in the misguided idea that they may get a few delegates votes for the upcoming vote on the 2006 WC 🤣🤣🤣

Bad idea moving the 3rd round to Dec even for one season,probably the start of the downward spiral in the Interest in the Comp from clubs & public alike.

geoffwp

99/00 season we took Everton to a replay at Goodison after Stuart Naylor/Jason Matthews heroics. It was the season we had Gary Alexander and the third round was in December 🤐. It was absolutely freezing at the replay and we got done late on by Nicky Barmby.
I seem to remember we kept singing Liverpool songs, much to the annoyance of the Everton fans who spent a lot of the game booing us.😄 until Barmby!😡

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
One particularly exciting FA Cup match I can remember City 2-2 Bristol Rovers Second Round 98/99 with a cracking atmosphere at the park from both sets of supporters.....iirc City went 2-0 up against Rovers who were top half in the league above...the game finished 2-2 but the result at the time was pretty Impressive for the Grecians....unfortunately the less said about the replay the better.

Oldsmobile-88

One particularly exciting FA Cup match I can remember City 2-2 Bristol Rovers Second Round 98/99 with a cracking atmosphere at the park from both sets of supporters.....iirc City went 2-0 up against Rovers who were top half in the league above...the game finished 2-2 but the result at the time was pretty Impressive for the Grecians....unfortunately the less said about the replay the better.
Jamie Cureton was playing for the Gasheads in that game & scored.

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamie Cureton was playing for the Gasheads in that game & scored.
They had a conveyor belt of top strikers around that time... Cureton, Stewart, Jason Roberts, Penrice (second spell) Nathan Ellington I think there were others too.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

The seasons before & after the Man U FA Cup game season,the Grecians did not reach the 1st round proper.
Losing at Gravesend in 2003/04(replay) & at SJP
against Stevenage in 2005/06 in the 4th qualifying rounds
A strange old time the ‘naughts’ for the Grecians.Highs & very lows.

grecIAN Harris

I think that was the only game where my Dad and I have ever left early.