• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2022/23 Second Round Draw

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The mighty Curzon Ashton holding Cambridge at their place 0-0 on 86 mins. So Curzon away in the 3rd rd anyone :)
This post could open up old wounds :(

Colesman Ballz

The mighty Curzon Ashton holding Cambridge at their place 0-0 on 86 mins. So Curzon away in the 3rd rd anyone :)
I think you need to follow your own advice to Sturtz on another thread and "Wash your mouth out" ! :p

SaintJames

I think you need to follow your own advice to Sturtz on another thread and "Wash your mouth out" ! :p
I was there at Bognor Regis and too many other FA Cup calamaties. However, the modern day Exeter City and especially under GC means I am no longer phased by playing any minnow we may draw in the 3rd Rd. You will note I'm already confident of getting past rd 2 :)

Information

And another moved

The tie will be played at Dagenham & Redbridge on 26th November, with the fixture kicking off at 5pm.

Last night Gillingham secured their place in the Second Round of the Emirates FA Cup after defeating National League North side, AFC Fylde.

This fixture has been selected for overseas broadcast.

Colesman Ballz

I was there at Bognor Regis and too many other FA Cup calamaties. However, the modern day Exeter City and especially under GC means I am no longer phased by playing any minnow we may draw in the 3rd Rd. You will note I'm already confident of getting past rd 2 :)
After last night's games there are 5 less "minnows " for people to be concerned with going forwards ! Without wishing to appear greedy however, it would be nice to set our sights on going even further than the 3rd Round ! :)

denzel

After last night's games there are 5 less "minnows " for people to be concerned with going forwards ! Without wishing to appear greedy however, it would be nice to set our sights on going even further than the 3rd Round ! :)
Personally I'd be happy just to make the third round if we were drawn away at Arsenal/ Man City or similar

Colesman Ballz

Personally I'd be happy just to make the third round if we were drawn away at Arsenal/ Man City or similar
Bet that you would be even happier if they came to SJP first and drew resulting in a replay at theirs ! This is the FA Cup and anything is possible ! :p

denzel

Bet that you would be even happier if they came to SJP first and drew resulting in a replay at theirs ! This is the FA Cup and anything is possible ! :p
Nah, go up there and make a weekend of it, then see the replay at ours on a midweek night. Just like 2005..

SaintJames

which rounds are replays possible in the FA Cup this year?

Nigel E

which rounds are replays possible in the FA Cup this year?
I believe the original plan was to have replays up to and including the 4th Round. I *think* I read somewhere that this might be up for further discussion owing to postponements for the death of the Queen, and the need to reschedule those matches.