• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2022/23 Second Round Draw

les.gtfc

Bit of a shit draw for us too. Away to Curzon Ashton or Cambridge, most likely Cambridge.

However, if we play like we did on Saturday it'd be more than winnable.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit of a shit draw for us too. Away to Curzon Ashton or Cambridge, most likely Cambridge.

Grimsby for the Cup Les - just don't let Holloway anywhere near the draw or ground !

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster

Curzon Ashton known to dump out League 2 teams :mad:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Curzon Ashton known to dump out League 2 teams :mad:
As do Cambridge, you need a bit of luck with a vaguely competant ref! :mad:

tom_ecfc

Poor draw, but winnable!

Cowshed Grecian

Why’s everyone moaning about the draw? Could of been worse…Wrexham, Leyton Orient, Ipswich, Peterborough etc Away. Hopefully we will get Woking and turn them over…then get Man City away.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why’s everyone moaning about the draw? Could of been worse…Wrexham, Leyton Orient, Ipswich, Peterborough etc Away. Hopefully we will get Woking and turn them over…then get Man City away.
Definitely could have been worse and if Woking do get through then I would think the tie will almost certainly be live on TV.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Admittedly we’ve had some uninspiring draws in the Cup in recent times but let’s not forget 2005.
Without that one (and thanks to Tony Cascarino’s balls) we may not be here now.
Agreed may not even be in existence.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's interesting that one of Charlie Baker's (minor comedian, major Torquay supporter) gripes with us, is that we are so lucky with draws.

I mean I suppose we have had Liverpool twice and Manu, but we had to fight to get to those rounds, by actually winning games.

I also guess that some might say financially away draws to Non-League can make you some cash, and we've had a few of them.

Having said all that, second shit draw in a row.
Not 100% sure but I think we have drawn Liverpool five times three in the original league Cup and twice in the FA Cup…..Man Utd three times once in the league cup and twice in the FA Cup.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not 100% sure but I think we have drawn Liverpool five times three in the original league Cup and twice in the FA Cup…..Man Utd three times once in the league cup and twice in the FA Cup.
Soccerbase agrees with you. 1667865173490.png1667865260715.png