• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2021/22

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bury FC away

That will be **** then Itv football coverage is poor
Just listening to them last night
While I agree that ITV's coberage is a bit lacklustre, but I also find BBC's coverage of the FA Cup to be poor.

This is especially true of the early rounds which they cover in such a patronising manner. They always look for the quirky, homespun story and camera shot. It's as if they can't believe that anyone outside the Premier League is actually serious about football.

It's largely the same with 5Live.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
While I agree that ITV's coberage is a bit lacklustre, but I also find BBC's coverage of the FA Cup to be poor.

This is especially true of the early rounds which they cover in such a patronising manner. They always look for the quirky, homespun story and camera shot. It's as if they can't believe that anyone outside the Premier League is actually serious about football.

It's largely the same with 5Live.
Agree. They love a story about the full back who's also a window cleaner, or the fact Jurgen Klopp was interviewed in the broom cupboard at SJP. I remember when David Noble hit the bar from a side footed volley, possibly against Warrington and the beeb were completely shocked about how good his technique was, they kept banging on about it like lower division players aren't going to be technically gifted.

jimmy

They always focus on the P.E teacher, plumber and taxi driver for semi-professional F.C.

Unfortunately, I guess it's the only thing that sells to the majority of football watchers (top 6 armchair 'supporters').

Spoonz Red E

Agree. They love a story about the full back who's also a window cleaner, or the fact Jurgen Klopp was interviewed in the broom cupboard at SJP. I remember when David Noble hit the bar from a side footed volley, possibly against Warrington and the beeb were completely shocked about how good his technique was, they kept banging on about it like lower division players aren't going to be technically gifted.
To be fair everyone I've talked to about it also loved the fact Jurgen Klopp was interviewed in the broom cupboard at SJP. I've shown a few visitors around the ground in close seasons or weekdays and they were either delighted to see the room or, nowadays, disappointed to find that it no longer exists.

les.gtfc

Don't forget to watch The Mighty Mariners on the BBC Red Button on Saturday before you head off to SJP, to see what a fantastic side we have this season. :)

Really setting us up there for an almighty fail. :)

andrew p long

Don't forget to watch The Mighty Mariners on the BBC Red Button on Saturday before you head off to SJP, to see what a fantastic side we have this season. :)

Are you going Les? I watched Bromsgrove in the second qualifying round and might have gone to this one also as its only a few miles from home - unfortunately family commitments now prevent me from going. Bromsgrove are what you'd expect from a club at that level who have got this far.

There's a real oddity re the draw. We hoped for a Kidderminster- Bromsgrove local derby re-kindling old rivalry, with both clubs having won a number of games to get to the 4QR. But that proved to be impossible because although only a few miles apart they are in different halves of the regional draw.

But bizarrely Kidderminster which is further north are in the Southern half and Bromsgrove,which is further south, is in the Northern draw...

les.gtfc

Can't make this one unfortunately. Would liked to have gone as it'd be a new ground for me, but I'm working til 1pm on Saturday, so unless I borrow someones Lear Jet, I won't make it.

Should catch the majority of it on TV though.

budegrecian

I appreciate this is an FA Cup thread, but great to see Les's boys at the top of the Lge. Hopefully, you'll be back in Lge 2 next season, even if we aren't there to play you.:)

Oldsmobile-88

Yeovil v Weymouth in the FAC 4q.
That fixture was seen as a feisty derby years ago in their Southern League Days(before Yeovil left the Southern for the Isthmian League iirc)