• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2020/21

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Up against Jim Bentley again.
Not this time. He seems a decent bloke, and let's hope he'll soon be OK.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
How many times have we drawn a Northern side in the last ten years? More often that not I would have thought.
I dont like these national draws, I would have thought that the current situation would be an ideal opportunity to revert to regional draws for less travelling.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Since yesterday The FA have changed the prize money on offer! So instead of the £22,629 for winners, it's been reduced to £16,972 but there is now a prize of £5657 for the losers.

😲

Oldsmobile-88

Since yesterday The FA have changed the prize money on offer! So instead of the £22,629 for winners, it's been reduced to £16,972 but there is now a prize of £5657 for the losers.

😲
It makes sense..At least a away losing team can cover travel expenses,that come out the gate receipts in normal times.

Spoonz Red E

😲
Sensible move I think.
Having closed all games to supporters it would have punished the smaller clubs with good draws disproportionately for having done well enough in the Cup.
Previously they would have had a share of the gate.

Grecian2K

At least we are now guaranteed some money out of the deal.

older-codger

Any idea what happens about ifollow? I don't think the cup comes under EFL who have iFollow rights but wonder whether there will be a special arrangement. As season ticket holders have to pay for cup games, then presumably if it is streamed then it wouldn't be free.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Statement from The FA, which explains the changes to the prize money for the first rounds

Pete Martin (CTID)

Any idea what happens about ifollow? I don't think the cup comes under EFL who have iFollow rights but wonder whether there will be a special arrangement. As season ticket holders have to pay for cup games, then presumably if it is streamed then it wouldn't be free.
From the EFL website, in the section about iFollow.....

Please note: Carabao Cup Round One - Four (excluding those involving a Premier League club) and EFL Trophy matches are now available on iFollow (excluding those selected for broadcast) but there will be no The FA Cup matches available to watch on the service.

DB9

From the EFL website, in the section about iFollow.....

Please note: Carabao Cup Round One - Four (excluding those involving a Premier League club) and EFL Trophy matches are now available on iFollow (excluding those selected for broadcast) but there will be no The FA Cup matches available to watch on the service.
They'll have to be an agreement with BBC and BT who hold the rights to get some sort of streaming service.