• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 20/21

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Completely. I tend to ignore VAR either way as (imo) it's a terrible thing - but I suspect had the popular narrative been different (or had it been the TTother way around). I think more would have been made of the handball that wasn't picked up in the lead up to the winner, given the marginal offside that did for the equaliser that wasn't.
According to the commentators if the ball rebounds off the body onto the hand then it is not handball. I think play continued whilst the blokes in their garden shed took a look at it. I confess I don't know the rule myself. Whilst I am quite happy that Leics won I thought the offside was a bit ridiculous. It was a fantastic pass that found the attacker. This thing where even just a big toe in front of the last defender = offside is daft. VAR and some of the new rules is taking the excitement out of football.

LOG

VAR and some of the new rules is taking the excitement out of football.
You spoil my exeweb experience so I guess it’s swings and roundabouts.

IndoMike

You spoil my exeweb experience so I guess it’s swings and roundabouts.
Hmm. Interesting comment bearing in mind a previous discussion we had. But never mind. Remember you can use the "ignore" button. I do.....these days. It's simple to operate...👍. Why suffer unnecessarily?

LOG

Hmm. Interesting comment bearing in mind a previous discussion we had. But never mind. Remember you can use the "ignore" button. I do.....these days. It's simple to operate...👍. Why suffer unnecessarily?
I’ll just tick off the “you can put me on ignore” exeweb bingo box. Have a day off and give us all a rest.

IndoMike

I’ll just tick off the “you can put me on ignore” exeweb bingo box. Have a day off and give us all a rest.
Well, it's up to you what you do. The "ignore" button exists for a reason. It's good to use it to give yourself a break from a poster. I do that but usually put them back again after a few weeks. Try it ..👍

Oldsmobile-88

Stan Kroenke, The Glazers, Roman Abramovich, Joe Lewis, Sheikh Mansour, John W Henry take note of how a real owner conducts himself & treats the players & fans of the Club he owns.
8AE60F64-925C-440F-A41C-DE4D23E69BD2.jpeg

DB9

Stan Kroenke, The Glazers, Roman Abramovich, Joe Lewis, Sheikh Mansour, John W Henry take note of how a real owner conducts himself & treats the players & fans of the Club he owns.
View attachment 6098
He's carrying on as his father (RIP) would have behaved, What great owners to have.

JamieEcfc

Very happy for Leicester, big fan of Brendan Rodgers as a manager, would be great for Spurs/Arsenal but why would he leave Leicester for them on a sporting/management level?

The VAR decision albeit in its current ruling I can't dispute, I am not a fan of these marginal offsides, its not in the spirit of the game for them to be called as offside, was refreshing watching Derby vs Sheff Wed knowing a goal is a goal and wouldn't be ruling things out due to the finest of margins.

IndoMike

Very happy for Leicester, big fan of Brendan Rodgers as a manager, would be great for Spurs/Arsenal but why would he leave Leicester for them on a sporting/management level?

The VAR decision albeit in its current ruling I can't dispute, I am not a fan of these marginal offsides, its not in the spirit of the game for them to be called as offside, was refreshing watching Derby vs Sheff Wed knowing a goal is a goal and wouldn't be ruling things out due to the finest of margins.
As far as I recall the original aim of the offside law was primarily to stop goal hanging,.not to do a forensic check down to the last millimeter. Bloody ridiculous.