• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 20/21

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great work Leicester, A brilliant goal, Two world class saves by Schmeichel and a VAR decision that was a nats breath offside and to see fans at a game, Tops it off nicely.
It was indeed a fantastic save by Schmeichel. And bad luck to Chelsea for that slide rule offside. But it was Leicester's day .😀

DB9

It was indeed a fantastic save by Schmeichel. And bad luck to Chelsea for that slide rule offside. But it was Leicester's day .😀
Again it shows that Football is NOTHING without fans, The sooner they're back in proper number in league games the better, It made this game.

IndoMike

Again it shows that Football is NOTHING without fans, The sooner they're back in proper number in league games the better, It made this game.
Yep. It's a spectator sport : it always looks a bit sad when there's nobody watching : a bit like nobody showing up for your party. But credit to the players, since covid began they still give their all. The FA Cup has lost some shine but you could see how much it meant to win it. Very good second half.

Red Devon

Stunning strike from Tielemans to win the Cup for Leicester, Schmeichel‘s world class save from Mount late doors was also something special....very uplifting to see the fans back and making such a noise it sounded a lot more than 22000 👍 That was also one helluva tight VAR call to add to the drama.

Colesman Ballz

Stunning strike from Tielemans to win the Cup for Leicester, Schmeichel‘s world class save from Mount late doors was also something special....very uplifting to see the fans back and making such a noise it sounded a lot more than 22000 👍 That was also one helluva tight VAR call to add to the drama.
Did wonder about the crowd noise, sounded as though it was "enhanced" to me ? :unsure:

Red Devon

Did wonder about the crowd noise, sounded as though it was "enhanced" to me ? :unsure:
Seemed to be plenty of excitement and emotion about the place though.

sign of the chimes

It wasn't neccesarily one for the purist but a classic final in it's own way - relative underdog wins, wonder-strike to win it and that save by Schmeichel from Mount was superb.

Red Devon

It wasn't neccesarily one for the purist but a classic final in it's own way - relative underdog wins, wonder-strike to win it and that save by Schmeichel from Mount was superb.
Goal out of nothing for Leicester really as brilliant as it was...Chelsea didn’t really wake up until the last ten minutes but were a little bit unfortunate not to take it into extra time...I take nothing away from Leicester though they deserved it.

sign of the chimes

Goal out of nothing for Leicester really as brilliant as it was...Chelsea didn’t really wake up until the last ten minutes but were a little bit unfortunate not to take it into extra time...I take nothing away from Leicester though they deserved it.
Completely. I tend to ignore VAR either way as (imo) it's a terrible thing - but I suspect had the popular narrative been different (or had it been the other way around). I think more would have been made of the handball that wasn't picked up in the lead up to the winner, given the marginal offside that did for the equaliser that wasn't.

Red Devon

Completely. I tend to ignore VAR either way as (imo) it's a terrible thing - but I suspect had the popular narrative been different (or had it been the other way around). I think more would have been made of the handball that wasn't picked up in the lead up to the winner, given the marginal offside that did for the equaliser that wasn't.
I’d bin it tomorrow I really don’t like it either...not being able to celebrate goals because of the fear of them being ruled out isn’t in best interest of the game to me...I think they said in commentary that Tielemans goal wasn’t ruled out because the deflection came off his leg before hitting his arm.