• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2023

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
So Max and Red Bull have already won the championships. Any point in watching anymore? Not that I have Sky anyway.....

Rosencrantz

So Max and Red Bull have already won the championships. Any point in watching anymore? Not that I have Sky anyway.....
Behind RB it is really interesting with plenty of battles. But that isn't really what F1 wants or needs. It is though often what happens.

Red Devon

Max Verstappen very magnanimous and out of character for him in coming second behind teammate Perez in the Kazakhstan GP today “it is what it is” he said in a relaxed tone over the in car radio to Christian Horner after crossing the finish line when Horner suggested the safety car had probably spoilt Max’s race…Not a great deal of excitement during the race itself.

Rosencrantz

Max Verstappen very magnanimous and out of character for him in coming second behind teammate Perez in the Kazakhstan GP today “it is what it is” he said in a relaxed tone over the in car radio to Christian Horner after crossing the finish line when Horner suggested the safety car had probably spoilt Max’s race…Not a great deal of excitement during the race itself.
Not the Baku madness today you sometimes get. Everyone struggled to overtake even with DRS as they just couldn't follow closely enough. Only Red Bull with their ridiculous straight line speed plus DRS had the pace. When Max overtook Charles at the start of the race he had an 18mph advantage down the straight. I'm not sure Checo got lucky as Horner told Max, I think they messed up bringing Max in when they knew De Vries was stuck just off track. If he couldn't get going, which was the case, it was always going to be a safety car. They could have gone an extra lap just in case.

grecIAN Harris

We might actually have an interesting race in Miami tomorrow. Hamilton failed to get out of Q2, Verstappen didn't even get a lap in in Q3 and Sergio Perez on pole.

TOP_CITY_FAN

We all know it'll still be a RB 1-2.. 3rd though could be either of the Ferrari's, Alonso or even Russell if Merc have sorted their race pace out.

Rosencrantz

With RB's advantage in straight line speed and DRS and that long back straight, it shouldn't take Verstappen too long before he is chasing Checo. Like last week though, Checo could be hard to catch if he gets into a good race groove. I don't think Mercedes have the pace this weekend for George to battle with with the Ferrari's and Alonso.

Red Devon

I don't think Mercedes have the pace this weekend for George to battle with with the Ferrari's and Alonso.
I think Crofty said in commentary yesterday that Mercedes are expecting to have much better race pace than they showed in qualifying…a podium would seem to be a bit optimistic tho.

Rosencrantz

I think Crofty said in commentary yesterday that Mercedes are expecting to have much better race pace than they showed in qualifying…a podium would seem to be a bit optimistic tho.
They probably should have better race pace as they won't have to push the kerbs so hard as in qualifying. Might be changeable conditions by the look of it so it could be fun. Will be watching a recording of it later tonight.

Rosencrantz

Christian Horner sounded happier on both RB drivers end of race radios today. No commiserations with Checo. He just didn't have the pace today and Max made the contra strategy work, as did Lewis who probably didn't think he would end up 6th when he was back in 14th early on. Ferrari will be concerned with Carlos and Charles going backwards in the race. Alonso still looking best of the rest.