• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2021

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lando less than five hundredths off of pole but starts on the front row for the first time. Max had to go purple in sector three to stay ahead of him. P9 for George!

Red Devon

Lando less than five hundredths off of pole but starts on the front row for the first time. Max had to go purple in sector three to stay ahead of him. P9 for George!
Lando lost that time in the very last corner 🙁 according to Karun Chandhok at the Skypad...Russell was immense in the Williams too 👍...but with today’s news I guess the happiest man must have been Bottas 😔

Rosencrantz

Lando lost that time in the very last corner 🙁 according to Karun Chandhok at the Skypad...Russell was immense in the Williams too 👍...but with today’s news I guess the happiest man must have been Bottas 😔
With Max going purple in sector three it was probably the vital corner but Red Bull have generally had the advantage in that sector all weekend.

As for the Merc seat, Lewis will probably want Bottas but Merc have to make a decision over George or lose him. I'd say the situation is still up in the air. Merc can't be losing a potential champion.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's the British Grand Prix weekend!

Confusingly qualifying is tonight at 6pm, and tomorrow at 4.30pm is the sprint race. No idea how this will pan out.
:confused::confused:

Rosencrantz

The 2022 car has been unveiled. I wonder how similar they will look from the teams after they have exploited every possible loophole in the regs 🤓. I think it looks good, a bit more aggressive with the raked front wing and throwback rear wing. Quite clean design without the winglets and flicks everywhere. Hopefully it will do the job of reducing the wake off the back of the cars and on to those following allowing for closer racing. I suspect it might not be straight away though as after every major reg change, there is always a team that absolutely nails it before others copy, I mean catch up.

Rosencrantz

George Russell into Q3 again. His one lap pace is right up there. Mercedes have such a difficult decision to make over Valtteri and George. George is really putting them under pressure to have him in the Merc next season. They can't hold him back for two more years to the end of Lewis's contract.

Red Devon

George Russell into Q3 again. His one lap pace is right up there. Mercedes have such a difficult decision to make over Valtteri and George. George is really putting them under pressure to have him in the Merc next season. They can't hold him back for two more years to the end of Lewis's contract.
Is it really that difficult though...they can stick with Valtteri and have him standing on the bottom step of the podium most race weekends with the occasional race win....or go with someone like Russell who could be fighting for World Championships and leading the team for the next decade. I see Russell more of a replacement for Hamilton in the long term should they go that way.

Red Devon

Quite liked the all new sprint race for qualifying, the racing was pretty feisty for the most part…Perez was very lucky not to go backwards into a barrier after a scary looking spin…predictable first three positions though….I haven’t seen whether Russell is going to get a penalty yet for a coming together with Sainz but it would be a harsh one.

Rosencrantz

Quite liked the all new sprint race for qualifying, the racing was pretty feisty for the most part…Perez was very lucky not to go backwards into a barrier after a scary looking spin…predictable first three positions though….I haven’t seen whether Russell is going to get a penalty yet for a coming together with Sainz but it would be a harsh one.
Hopefully for George the stewards from Austria haven't travelled. Only saw the incident once but it looked like normal lap one stuff.

Red Devon

Hopefully for George the stewards from Austria haven't travelled. Only saw the incident once but it looked like normal lap one stuff.
It wasn’t a great camera angle but Sainz appeared to just run out of track on the outside of Russell.