• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2020

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Deary me. Lewis gets 2 x 5 second time penalties for practising starts in the wrong position. That plus starting with soft tyres us a big blow.

Rosencrantz

Sochi is such a poor track. Only the roubles keep F1 there.

Antony Moxey

An eventful qualifying session in Sochi for the Russian GP today....Hamilton on pole despite very nearly not making it into quali three after Vettel caused the session to be stopped with shunt...on a side note I thought Karun Chandhok did a good job in the commentary box he comes across as very enthusiastic.
Chandhok is an excellent commentator, as are many of the other ex-pros on the Sky team. The only real let downs are Coulthard and Herbert, the latter especially who thinks everything is part of a comedy show.

I especially like the insights from the likes of Chandok, Di Resta and Davidson who all still race, and it was enjoyable last weekend watching Di Resta and Davidson battling it out at Le Mans.

Rosencrantz

Lewis beating himself this weekend with the Q2 difficulties and then the 10 second penalties. All very spread out down to seventh with not much action. The only action you had were those on compromised strategy. Why McClaren thought Lando could go to the end I don't know.

The danger for everyone is that Lewis normally comes back stronger after a weekend like this.

Red Devon

Sochi is such a poor track. Only the roubles keep F1 there.
Couldn’t quite believe how many spectators were there today 😮 I guess that’s Russia for you.

Rosencrantz

Couldn’t quite believe how many spectators were there today 😮 I guess that’s Russia for you.
Second spikes reported inside the paddock as well as outside.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/09/26/f1-reports-biggest-coronavirus-spike-this-year-ahead-of-russian-grand-prix-a71561

Red Devon

It looked crazy not a mask in sight in the stands...not surprised the drivers kept their gloves on up on the podium.

Red Devon

Mick Schumacher one of three Ferrari academy drivers to make F1 race weekend debuts at Eiffel GP

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Mick Schumacher one of three Ferrari academy drivers to make F1 race weekend debuts at Eiffel GP
I'll be amazed if Mick isn't in an Alfa Romeo next season. Callum Illott is touch and go, depends on how much Ferrari influence Haas and whether they actually want to for Callum. Grosjean must be on his way but I think K-Mag will be safe. Then it's down to money and Perez comes with a lot but will he want to drop down to Haas? The Hulk will cost but a big step up in quality for Haas over Grosjean. Of course, there always could be a second seat at Alfa.

Ps. Another year in F2 for Robert Schwartzman will do him good.

Last edited:

Red Devon

I'll be amazed if Mick isn't in an Alfa Romeo next season. Callum Illott is touch and go, depends on how much Ferrari influence Haas and whether they actually want to for Callum. Grosjean must be on his way but I think K-Mag will be safe. Then it's down to money and Perez comes with a lot but will he want to drop down to Haas? The Hulk will cost but a big step up in quality for Haas over Grosjean. Of course, there always could be a second seat at Alfa.

Ps. Another year in F2 for Robert Schwartzman will do him good.
Not really much choice for Perez though who’s very unfortunate to be losing his seat at Racing Point (Aston Martin) to Vettel...Hulkenberg made a big impression at the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at Silverstone and deserves much better machinery than Haas but would probably take it after a year out.