• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F.l.a.f

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
'Antifa' is such a strange pejorative. 'Anti-fascist'. Well, I mean, aren't most of us?
Ah - thanks, I was wondering if 'Antifa' meant 'Anti FA', but that didn't quite make sense.

OK that's it, I give up.........................
Nooo! Don't give up now malcs, you're on a real roll. Never has the ability to avoid answering anything substantive through distraction and obfuscation been bettered. Keep it going mate!

*opens popcorn*

Last edited:

fred binneys head

I’m enjoying this thread, but as a left of centre anti-fascist I probably should.

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

Originally you said the biggest war , i'll argue the biggest war was the First World War !
I'm intrigued. Please, make your case.

malcolms

Ah - thanks, I was wondering if 'Antifa' meant 'Anti FA', but that didn't quite make sense.

Nooo! Don't give up now malcs, you're on a real roll. Never has the ability to avoid answering anything substantive through distraction and obfuscation been bettered. Keep it going mate!

*opens popcorn*
Well, you would know Stroudy, I bow to your greater experience...Your attempts to rope people in with this particular line is long past its sell by date.

StroudGrecian

Well, you would know Stroudy, I bow to your greater experience...Your attempts to rope people in with this particular line is long past its sell by date.
*bursts into applause* BRAVO!!!!

Sorry if this sounds mean but it does seem, despite you coming across as an intelligent and worldly-wise sort of chap, as if you have nothing much to say about anything, other than putting other people down in a mildly patronising sort of way.

What your thoughts on OP - on the re-emergence of football grounds as a recruiting ground for the far right?

iscalad

Originally you said the biggest war , i'll argue the biggest war was the First World War !
https://www.diffen.com/difference/World_War_I_vs_World_War_II

tavyred

What your thoughts on OP - on the re-emergence of football grounds as a recruiting ground for the far right?
If I was to hazard a guess, I would put it down to the fact that watching football is generally speaking a working class pursuit and left wing politics has become the purview of the university educated middle classes. Couple that with the crisis in liberalism in the west and the resultant rise in nationalism/ populism then you have a fertile ground for the potential recruiting you speak of. A situation made all the easier when you throw in the nasty invective of Antifa and the Corbynista’s.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I think that is disappointing and short sighted. Fascistic politics is seeing a resurgence and some fascists seek to use football for cover - I think this thread is highly relevant to ECFC
It was moved to the Top to Bottom Football forum as it is football related, rather than just an ECFC thing.

But hey, I’m only human, sometimes you’ve gotta make judgement calls. Can’t please all of the people all of the time and all that.