• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F.l.a.f

Red Bill

If your concerned that football stadiums are once again being used as a recruiting ground for far right groups, heres a facebook group you may be interested in;

https://www.facebook.com/FootballLadsAgainstFascism/?hc_ref=ARQ_pNILEWlawX8LKTAv6fhD_tUdgCoopKM_LGvLhspFBqXTwW43vJ2IHup7zrKj_ZM&fref=nf

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Strange thing is the numerous football grounds ive been to over the years I never seem to see anybody "recruiting" people into ant far right groups !

If you are already in that frame of mind its not bloody hard to find a far right group to attach yourself to.

I'm more worried about the far leftwing groups that go around with ski masks on pretending to be "all for one and one for all" attitudes that is until they get their baseball bats out and start attacking people who are there legitimately protesting.

The left wing are far more dangerous !

ExeterCityLad

Strange thing is the numerous football grounds ive been to over the years I never seem to see anybody "recruiting" people into ant far right groups !

If you are already in that frame of mind its not bloody hard to find a far right group to attach yourself to.

I'm more worried about the far leftwing groups that go around with ski masks on pretending to be "all for one and one for all" attitudes that is until they get their baseball bats out and start attacking people who are there legitimately protesting.

Absolutely. It seems the roles have changed over the past 10 years

Leads

Absolutely. It seems the roles have changed over the past 10 years
Has it really?

Although i'd say overall that football crowds are soft left, the far left haven't infiltrated football grounds as far as i'm aware whereas the Free Tommy Robinson brigade certainly haven't gone away

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without the far left there probably wouldn't be the need for the far right.

Not a Tommy Robinson supporter as such but i'm all for any innocent man being freed , especially when it seems the evidence against him was corrupt in the first place.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has it really?

Although i'd say overall that football crowds are soft left, the far left haven't infiltrated football grounds as far as i'm aware whereas the Free Tommy Robinson brigade certainly haven't gone away
Eh... a fair few non league clubs have been in essence taken over by the Antifa lot. Clapton, Dulwich etc

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster

The left of leftwing are far more dangerous than the rightwing, They seem to do things for "The people" but just end up causing havoc and are far more militant than the right. I'd think they'd have more luck at footie grounds than the right as the extreme right is more in the public eye than the left what with the EDL and in the days of old the NF and other parties, Plus the left is "Cool" with middle class luvvies because "They Care"!! Mind in time those left wingers normally get tired of things and when the money runs out go back to Suburbia where Consultant Daddy and Accountant Mummy will continue to back roll them while they go through their "Phase"

WXF

That's extraordinary - everyone must have completely missed this. How were masked and armed people allowed into the stadium or not stopped by police nearby? Why wasn't it picked up in the papers or at least not mentioned on here?

Without the far left there probably wouldn't be the need for the far right.
This echoes a traditional hard right narrative that seeks to justify its brand of anti democratic politics by framing liberal democracy as weak and susceptible to challenge from other forces (Communists/ Jews/ a clash of civilisation with Islam ect).

Not a Tommy Robinson supporter as such but I'm all for any innocent man being freed , especially when it seems the evidence against him was corrupt in the first place.
I don't know how well due process was followed but he's clearly not innocent. He admitted in court that he was guilty.

Be careful - the hard right questioning the reliability and independence of the media and judiciary isn't designed to positively reform them but, ultimately, to discredit or subdue centres of power that can challenge it. One tactic is to present the media, judiciary & politicians as a separate self seeking class with interests that are separate to that of wider society, with noble fascist thugs presented as martyrs who are being repressed because they are standing up to the corruption. The hard right don't want a strong civil society, with power dispersed more widely, but to create vacuums it can fill. If you aren't hard right don't fall for its propaganda.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's extraordinary - everyone must have completely missed this. How were masked and armed people allowed into the stadium or not stopped by police nearby? Why wasn't it picked up in the papers or at least not mentioned on here?

I don't know how well due process was followed but he's clearly not innocent. He admitted in court that he was guilty.
Don't think I said about the baseball bats and ski masks at a football ground ? But it certainly does happen at any given lawful demonstration organised by anyone standing up for what they believe in

Wasn't the original charge suspected Breach of the peace ? which was apparently changed once arrested to Contempt of court one he admitted to the other he didn't.

Don't think I said about the baseball bats and ski masks at a football ground ? But it certainly does happen at any given lawful demonstration organised by anyone standing up for what they believe in

Wasn't the original charge suspected Breach of the peace ? which was apparently changed once arrested to Contempt of court one he admitted to the other he didn't.

and the appeal judge condemned the process and judgement of the original trial for not questioning the measly time of onlt 5 hours between TR being arrested and his actual conviction in court......talk about kangaroo !