• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

express and echo

dontpassback

I see exeweb was mentioned in dispatches in the article about tisdale being criticised for this seasons performance overall.someone called ecf7 was pretty scathing and i think even peteusa got a mention! The letters were quite entertaining,if a little long,still i suppose its different strokes for different folks !l

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
the fact it has to use a random poster on exeweb to write an article says everything about the sport section you need to know in the echo

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I see exeweb was mentioned in dispatches in the article about tisdale being criticised for this seasons performance overall.someone called ecf7 was pretty scathing and i think even peteusa got a mention! The letters were quite entertaining,if a little long,still i suppose its different strokes for different folks !l
Haven't seen the article, but this chap is the artist previously known as wemisscuro and his various multi's. Can also be found on Twitter under the name ecfcjj.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Haven't seen the article, but this chap is the artist previously known as wemisscuro and his various multi's. Can also be found on Twitter under the name ecfcjj.
Does he have multis on Twitter and the E&E? Whenever one comments on the E&E, so does the other? As he can't use ECFCjj on Twitter with some accounts, he has another account that he uses instead.

PeteUSA

The biggest problem we have with the E&E are the totally City/Tisdale biased reports by their journalist Simon Larkins. He wont let anything go to press that might show the club or the manager in a dubious light. In my opinion he put the kybosh on the Tisdale poll we tried to conduct a couple of seasons ago, by suggesting he could find no foundation to support the fact that a poll was worth doing. The only research he did (at least thats how it came over!) was to ask a regular visitor to the E&E office (It might have been the mailman) what his opinion of the poll was. A glowing testament to Tisdale was then published by Larkins in the E&E. As many might recall, it was a joke report compared to the true feelings of the wider fanbase!

Its a pity Stuart James wasn't left to continue reporting all things City in the E&E. He didnt mind asking searching questions. I remember when he put Ed Chorlton through the wringer! Unfortunately he seems to be doing the Western Morning News only now, so any comments from him are viewed by a small minority compared to the E&E. Who the hell in Exeter reads the WMN?

Simon Larkins is an exewebber, in fact in the early days he used to have the odd chat with us. He posts using his own name: simonlarkins17 (Please, no infraction points for using proper names, since he uses it.) He will no doubt read this, since he last logged on yesterday. It would be nice if he could give us some sort of response, if indeed my recollections are inaccurate. I wont hold my breath though.

richard_portland

Does he have multis on Twitter and the E&E? Whenever one comments on the E&E, so does the other? As he can't use ECFCjj on Twitter with some accounts, he has another account that he uses instead.
No idea, he is definitely obsessed enough , but I think he actually has a friend or two :eek:

I have no problem with people saying they don't like exeweb. Imo it's similar to other forums up and down the country but it's fine if some disagree with that. But personally if I didn't like a website I just wouldnt read or comment on it.

Last edited:

David Treharne

Don't expect the E&E coverage of anything to get better in the nearby future, as the Mirror group announced that they were reducing the number of reporters by eight(although this may include another local Trinity/Mirror title). The incoherence of most topics covered is therefore likely to increase,and it's unlikely that football reporting will be any different. It's likely that there will bean increasing use of agency stories or articles based on information gleaned from scanning Exeweb/G Net, and any objectivity that there might purport to be, will disappear under a welter of stories gleaned exclusively from "sources close to the management at Exeter City"(whoever he is).

On the up

Don't expect the E&E coverage of anything to get better in the nearby future, as the Mirror group announced that they were reducing the number of reporters by eight(although this may include another local Trinity/Mirror title). The incoherence of most topics covered is therefore likely to increase,and it's unlikely that football reporting will be any different. It's likely that there will bean increasing use of agency stories or articles based on information gleaned from scanning Exeweb/G Net, and any objectivity that there might purport to be, will disappear under a welter of stories gleaned exclusively from "sources close to the management at Exeter City"(whoever he is).
Blimely that is a worry, if reporters look to Gleen info from sites like ours. Objectivity, unheard of by many on here. Still could be fun. Might even get a newspaper article on the bickering between Moxey and Credy. Great reading for the Exeter folk.

ecfc70

the express and error is awful, if you can read an article through the constant bombardment of adverts then you a very special indeed but one thing that you can be sure of is that this ecfc7 chap will comment at least once a week and will always make reference to exeweb and how he percieves its users, it is always negative and would be insulting to some sensitive types........the fact that him and his online buddy that also comment on there about grecian jay wanting to support yeovil rather than tis would suggest how out of touch they are with this site.......what annoys me the most though is that he forgets what great info can be found on here about all things including Exeter, why Exeweb even sponsor David Wheeler, maybe he would like to call him an idiot/*****/imbecile for allowing that to happen

richard_portland

I don't think they are interested in the truth. It's quite funny how he bangs on about exeweb not being representative of the fanbase but the number commenting on the e & e comments are probably in single figures but he thinks that is representative. If you don't like exeweb I would say either start your own forum, ignore it or try to constructively do something about it.