• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Expectations

WXF

City is currently second favourite for relegation with bookmakers. It's a dreadful position to be in. We were supposed to punch above our weight in the Trust era by focusing on the long term and the embargo makes a mockery of that. As a lay fan, I don't really know the implications of recent departures from the club board but, from the outside looking in, they seem positive. If we can get through this season then the future starts to look rosier due to the cohort of young players that are coming through, but this season could be a real test. We've survived relegation battles before and can do it again - and this season we may end up surprising outsiders - but it's important we are realistic in our assessment of ourselves and committed to grinding every point we can out of the next nine months, thereby helping make sure we stop the rot and begin another upwards spiral. We can do it, and no one can do it for us.

motorservices

UTC

Be nice to get some points on the board over the next 8 days

ECFC_George

And maybe get past the first round of the cup for a change

JamieEcfc

Expecting relegation and disappointing cup runs all round

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If our younger players settle quickly and we can sign a striker(Cummings) and Ribeiro i do not think we will be a million miles off. We have some good talented younger players in the side and we have some experience thrown in. I do not expect us to win the league but feel a mid table position is more than achievable. Maybe a little more or maybe a little less dependent on injuries, luck and confidence.

the dog2

I think we should survive but I think it will be tight ( tis) prove me wrong
but if we happen to loose one or 2 of our youngster in the transfer market or to long term injuries we could be in the mire.
Today against Portsmouth I think we might get thumped because of the sickness bug , unless we get a centre half back we could be starting with Tilson and Tisdale starting!

TOP_CITY_FAN

9/2 favourites to go down with William Hill. Can see it being a struggle, but anywhere in the top 20, and i'll be happy.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
If our younger players settle quickly and we can sign a striker(Cummings) and Ribeiro i do not think we will be a million miles off. We have some good talented younger players in the side and we have some experience thrown in. I do not expect us to win the league but feel a mid table position is more than achievable. Maybe a little more or maybe a little less dependent on injuries, luck and confidence.
I think MJP your spot on, and I have the same feeling as you.

Red & White

Mid table, anything above 18th should be achievable.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Today against Portsmouth I think we might get thumped because of the sickness bug - unless we get a centre half back we could be starting with Tillson and Tisdale!
I too think we'll get heavily thumped. Tisdale has already put forward the sickness bug bullsh*t, but the bigger reason is continuing to play an under developed 19 year old keeper who is not yet of football league standard. He is young, and he looks young - a point that hasn't gone unnoticed in the posts and quotes I've read on here from Pompey fans. We should have gone after Rice or Poke as emergency cover. I know Rice is an arrogant ***hole who's about a foot too short, and that Poke looks like a chimp, but its any port in a storm at the moment.