• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exmouth Town FC

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s tight at the top. Tavistock have closed to within 3 points and a game in hand over Exmouth but also have a +7 GD over the leaders.

2 games to go for Exmouth now, too close to call for me. I really hope they manage to hold on and Tavistock slip.
My dad played for Tavistock Rangers in the late 1930's. Good luck to Tavistock!

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Tavistock will do it given their recent form that has now taken them top on goal difference (+13 over Exmouth).
All comes down to the final games this weekend, the one saving grace here for muff is that Tavistock play 3rd place Plymouth, whereas Exmouth play Bodmin in 9th so it could be close.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
So Tavistock won the league and promotion on the last day of the season.

However, Exmouth have also been promoted to the Western League on the basis of another team withdrawing, so congrats to them. I think it also means that Exmouth are eligible for entering the FA Cup next season so maybe a local game in the first round is on the cards!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember seeing Exmouth play at home to Farnborough in the FAC 4q in Oct 1989..They were 1-0 up at HT,before eventually losing 1-3...I believe that’s the closest they have come to the 1st round.

Heysham Mike

I remember seeing Exmouth play at home to Farnborough in the FAC 4q in Oct 1989..They were 1-0 up at HT,before eventually losing 1-3...I believe that’s the closest they have come to the 1st round.
I edited the match programme for that game.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Drawn at home to Barnstaple in the FA Cup. To be played on 10th August when City are away to Stevenage.

exeter-loyal

Hopefully they will get a good crowd for that.

With them going up they have a lot less travelling to do this year. Mainly bristol sides in the league then in now which will work out better for the club. Hopefully they will have a good season.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good start to the season last weekend with an opening day win back in the Western League for the first time since 2005.

FA Cup action next on Saturday against Barnstaple.

exeter-loyal

They beat Barnstaple yesterday 2-0 and have Yate away in next round on BH Monday I think end of the month.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If you don't the trip to Morecambe next Saturday, then Exmouth are playing Yate Town at Lodge Road next Saturday. Kick off at 3pm.