• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Time for a full corporate report then; who has gone and who has arrived (with workings), renewed mission statement, "next steps roll out" etc etc.

Maybe a poll too: is Exeweb post 2011: much better than before, a bit better, about the same, marginally less better or feckin' dire ?
Well, the people who were right all along but got frustrated banging their heads against a wall and became too "emotional" got kicked out, whereas all the ostriches are still here. But, it's still the best place for City news and fans' opinions - although there isn't too much competition

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Time for a full corporate report then; who has gone and who has arrived (with workings), renewed mission statement, "next steps roll out" etc etc.

Maybe a poll too: is Exeweb post 2011: much better than before, a bit better, about the same, marginally less better or feckin' dire ?
I suppose we can report our redevelopment (planning application was easy and went thru without hitch :) ) of the site went thru with nice new layout and forums where you can link to youtube to play directly on the site, new smilies and increased security.

And for it to be making money that we have put back into the club 6-7 thousand pounds with paying for wheeler sponsorship over 3 years and other players.. New grecian the lion suit, donations to academy to get the new huts into shape, donations to senior reds to pay for the teas and coffee and biscuits.. match ball sponsorships and hospitality..

Don't think we've done to bad..

In the future i would like others to sit on the board and maybe find someone else to be chairman and treasurer as i find the time to do it a stretch. Must be time for a new generation of fans to run with it...

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the people who were right all along but got frustrated banging their heads against a wall and became too "emotional" got kicked out, whereas all the ostriches are still here. But, it's still the best place for City news and fans' opinions - although there isn't too much competition
Think you are generalising a bit too much about them being emotional then got kicked out.. But not knowing the full facts you would come up with these assumptions.

IndoMike

I suppose we can report our redevelopment (planning application was easy and went thru without hitch :) ) of the site went thru with nice new layout and forums where you can link to youtube to play directly on the site, new smilies and increased security.

And for it to be making money that we have put back into the club 6-7 thousand pounds with paying for wheeler sponsorship over 3 years and other players.. New grecian the lion suit, donations to academy to get the new huts into shape, donations to senior reds to pay for the teas and coffee and biscuits.. match ball sponsorships and hospitality..

In the future i would like others to sit on the board and maybe find someone else to be chairman and treasurer as i find the time to do it a stretch. Must be time for a new generation of fans to run with it...
Credit where it is due : very good effort from Exeweb

Antony Moxey

This is the sort of thing I'm sure people want to hear about, not the pompous guff about who's on the committee and what resolutions you've passed.

elginCity

Credit where it is due : very good effort from Exeweb
(clap)

Agreed. Well done Lez n co.

Been 4 years :)
Joyce and I were happily married four years ago, or so I thought.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Joyce and I were happily married four years ago, or so I thought.
That's nice :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Not to mention the moped and petrol! Or perhaps best not to mention...

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!!! 7 years!!