• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Steering Committee Statement

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
LOG, you're enough of a pragmatist to realise that hard and fast rules don't work for the majority of situations. I only hope that the mods are fair, sensible and proportionate in their punishments.

LOG

LOG, you're enough of a pragmatist to realise that hard and fast rules don't work for the majority of situations. I only hope that the mods are fair, sensible and proportionate in their punishments.
In Spanky, i trust.

Swanaldo

I'm going to start a thread on the BB just for swearing.
Well, see, this isn't perhaps as daft as first appears. I think we all have established 'swearing parameters': I'd go as far as 'sh*t', 'tw*t' and 'b*ll*cks' in front of my mum, considerably less in front of my kids, and no holds barred with my mates or my dad.

You can't put your foot up in Europe, and you don't say 'c*nt' to your nan.

Alistair20000

In Spanky, i trust.
So, you don't trust the others ?

LOG

Well, see, this isn't perhaps as daft as first appears. I think we all have established 'swearing parameters': I'd go as far as 'sh*t', 'tw*t' and 'b*ll*cks' in front of my mum, considerably less in front of my kids, and no holds barred with my mates or my dad.

You can't put your foot up in Europe, and you don't say 'c*nt' to your nan.

I wouldn't say F or W in front of me old dear. C is a giime. The rest i would, although not unless necessary.

I have no grandparents.

Swanaldo

I have no grandparents.
Me neither, but dear old Grannie Swan could spin a brilliant mucky joke, long may she rest.

Anyway, I think we're broadly in agreement here, insofar as we recognize that there are levels of social interaction and that what is appropriate in one milieu may not be appropriate in another.

WoWS should be sacrosanct. The Social Club should be a little more tolerant, and Banter Base looser still.

LOG

Me neither, but dear old Grannie Swan could spin a brilliant mucky joke, long may she rest.

Anyway, I think we're broadly in agreement here, insofar as we recognize that there are levels of social interaction and that what is appropriate in one milieu may not be appropriate in another.

WoWS should be sacrosanct. The Social Club should be a little more tolerant, and Banter Base looser still.
Sweaty binge.

Last edited by a moderator:

newburygrecian

The improvement so far is significantly due to the enthusiasm of the new guys, especially lez, spanky and lmartin. Weight of numbers helps as well. There used to be 4 regular mods, now there are 11. It makes a help of a difference if you decide to clamp down on things.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Been 4 years :)

Alistair20000

Been 4 years :)
Time for a full corporate report then; who has gone and who has arrived (with workings), renewed mission statement, "next steps roll out" etc etc.

Maybe a poll too: is Exeweb post 2011: much better than before, a bit better, about the same, marginally less better or feckin' dire ?

Last edited: