• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EXEWEB ADVENT CALENDAR QUIZ XV 2020: PREDICTION, REQUEST, WARM UP & GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only a few weeks to go now.

More questions than answers at this stage.

1. Will Mr Dozen step up on his 2nd place last year ?

2. Will Lionel strike for a 4th time ?

3. Can the Hound shake off the years and mount a challenge in his cricket kit ?

4. Will Stroudy be the first to rear up ?

5. Has the Quizmater found a Glamorous Assistant ?

6. Will he repeat the errors of a previous QM by including a music question ?

7. Will Graeme Power, Scott Golbourne, Kents Cavern and Semper Fidelis pitch up ?

8. Does Oman still have access to the technology on that submarine which meant he answered the quick fire rounds just before the question was pasted up ?

9. Will Swanny serve up the usual warm up question for Greyhound to slot away ?

The answers to all of these questions will be known come Christmas.

Assuming of course that the EACQ is not chalked off by the Government as a perceived Covid superspreader.

All reasonable requests from potential participators will be given earnest consideration. Stroudy will probably say not to bother after perceived harsh treatment on the Beat The bookie thread mind. :)

iscalad

It's bleddy October.😠

Alistair20000

It's bleddy October.😠
I had my ears boxed for starting it late in a previous year. :) Folk need to get into training innit. Cut me some slack here right ?

Besides which the file is cream cracker thin at present and I have only a couple of questions ready. This thread might provide some inspiration.

Alright, alright you are a bit snakey as I missed a question out: Will isca get a spot in the Chumps League again after getting 4th with a Roy tie breaker last year ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Curbing my resentment at the suggestion, which this QM has made before, that I am past my sell-by date, a few questions for him:

1. Is he prone to suffer from man 'flu?
2. Is he likely to go AWOL?
3. Is he likely to succumb to Cupid's arrows, and neglect his EACQ responsibilities?
4. Will he supply answers to all questions he poses?

LOG

I came across something the other day that could lead to Richard Logan so i will be keeping that in my back pocket for now.

Alistair20000

Curbing my resentment at the suggestion, which this QM has made before, that I am past my sell-by date, a few questions for him:

1. Is he prone to suffer from man 'flu? Yes but as far as possible he will MTFU and struggle on. Flu jab pending.

2. Is he likely to go AWOL? Not for as long as 24 hours but I cannot manage the thread 24/7. Just saying like.

3. Is he likely to succumb to Cupid's arrows, and neglect his EACQ responsibilities? On that front this particular QM is the unluckiest guy in the world, :) except when in Paris of course. My GA might distract. She is a bit of a minx.

4. Will he supply answers to all questions he poses? Most definitely and if a question is in danger of not being answered with the points absorbed into the quiz matrix additional clueage will be considered. Drawing on the Swanmeister Doctrine 2010 this might mean the points on offer are chopped back mind. Failure will be seen as that of the QM and not of honourable hard working participants.
Apologies for the cheap shot Mr Hound. it were improper.

Answers above.

Alistair20000

I came across something the other day that could lead to Richard Logan so i will be keeping that in my back pocket for now.
Do not miss day 12. ;)

I shall require the unnecessarily complex and elongated workings of course. It is a reasonably tough one pointer. :)

P.S. Did pies come into it ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
9. Will Swanny serve up the usual warm up question for Greyhound to slot away ?
I got more points for this last year than I did in the whole EACQ! I suggest an extended warm-up this time and forget about the Quiz itself.

Alistair20000

I got more points for this last year than I did in the whole EACQ! I suggest an extended warm-up this time and forget about the Quiz itself.
Good thinking. My get out of jail free card (y)

Now where is Swanny when you need him ?

fred binneys head

The main questions for me are: what time of day will the questions be posted up and how many will you need to know every street name in Devon to be in with a chance of knowing?