• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs West Ham - Premier League U23 Cup - 18 Jan 7pm

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

a report that takes all the positives. A very good effort from the reporter - a media /journalist student. Good to see opportunities for youngsters off the field as well as on it!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed this is the key point. It was a poor performance against a very strong team but

Atangana has been out for two months
Sparkes hadn't played this year
Coley has played 10 minutes in the last 5 weeks
Taylor too is catching up from Covid problems
Notwithstanding the above it appears from Matt's interview he was disappointed in the performance of some of the fringe 1st team players though he did distance Nigel from that I felt. He did praise Pondy and Harry Lee but indicated one or more of those who underperformed will be going out on loan. Who do we think will be going out on loan then? For me Seymour and Daniels for sure (unless they have their contracts cancelled by mutual consent). But equally it wouldn't surprise me to see Rowe, Coley and Taylor also go out on loan?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Notwithstanding the above it appears from Matt's interview he was disappointed in the performance of some of the fringe 1st team players though he did distance Nigel from that I felt. He did praise Pondy and Harry Lee but indicated one or more of those who underperformed will be going out on loan. Who do we think will be going out on loan then? For me Seymour and Daniels for sure (unless they have their contracts cancelled by mutual consent). But equally it wouldn't surprise me to see Rowe, Coley and Taylor also go out on loan?
I can see both Coley and Rowe going out on loan. I think they would both benefit from playing regularly. It must be hard being a fringe player at City as we don't have many opportunities in terms of reserve games, for these players to stay match sharp.

Squeezebox

Granted I've not seen him play live but I've been disappointed with Taylor in midfield.

Agent Andy

We’ll , fancy praise for Harry Lee , after Pete saying he will be disappointed with the goals , Lee and Cox will definitely be going out on loan sooner rather than later , can’t see coley and Taylor being happy with a lower league loan

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’ll , fancy praise for Harry Lee , after Pete saying he will be disappointed with the goals , Lee and Cox will definitely be going out on loan sooner rather than later , can’t see coley and Taylor being happy with a lower league loan
I guess it depends on which is the lesser evil? Play a month in the conference, get fit, play several games on the bounce and maybe bag a goal then come back ready to hit the first team running or stay on the fringes and dont play at all?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can see both Coley and Rowe going out on loan. I think they would both benefit from playing regularly. It must be hard being a fringe player at City as we don't have many opportunities in terms of reserve games, for these players to stay match sharp.
I think the other issue is having to have 7 subs on the bench which mean three outfield players are never going to get on the pitch but can't be sent out on loan.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the other issue is having to have 7 subs on the bench which mean three outfield players are never going to get on the pitch but can't be sent out on loan.
that problem should be eased by our fixture list in February and March where there are spells of 5 games in 15 days (Feb) and 7 games in 22 days (March). That's one of the reasons I don't see any of the regular 7 subs (ie players in the match day 18) going out on loan but instead those who can't get into the 18. So of those left at SJP I can see Rowe going on loan but not Coley,Daniel. Unless I have misread where Coley is in the pecking order.