• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs West Ham - Premier League U23 Cup - 18 Jan 7pm

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ben Seymour scored in his last game and does seem to be putting a few away this year so would like to see him get as much game time as possible as I'm sure Taylor still has first team plans for him
I'm not sure he does. When Ben failed to get anything on that ball across the six-yard box towards the end of the Pompey game, Matty T put his head in his hands, turned to one of his coaches and 30 seconds later Ben was trudging off. I'm sure Matt has plans for Ben but, sadly, am far from convinced they involve Exeter City, less still the first team.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I'm not sure he does. When Ben failed to get anything on that ball across the six-yard box towards the end of the Pompey game, Matty T put his head in his hands, turned to one of his coaches and 30 seconds later Ben was trudging off. I'm sure Matt has plans for Ben but, sadly, am far from convinced they involve Exeter City, less still the first team.
I think unfortunately for Ben you are spot on here Egg!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
From the opposition (is that our Mark Robson?)

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has Ben really made 71 appearances for us? What are we counting here?

andrew p long

In the league mainly sub appearances - 38, compared to 12 starts

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, according to Soccerbase and Transfermarkt. I think it works out as about the equivalent of 27 full games.

1642506683069.png

1642506661574.png

Bridgy 81

In addition to what andrew and SEA have just said presumably they got their figure from Wikipedia.
On there it says he’s played for us 50 times in the league (1 goal) 71 times in total (3 goals).
Appearances including loans are 165 (48 goals) but this figure is boosted by a lot of goals in his spells at Bideford and Dorchester (Southern League West Division and Southern League Premier Division South respectively) neither of which seem to be included in the Soccerbase statistics.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, according to Soccerbase and Transfermarkt. I think it works out as about the equivalent of 27 full games.

View attachment 7718

View attachment 7717
Or...one goal every 900 minutes.

STURTZ

Had no idea he was that prolific...

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the opposition (is that our Mark Robson?)

The one and the same.