• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Oldham discussion thread

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Crewe fans say Oldham played a really hard pressing game for the first half an hour and it worked, but it knackered Oldham out and the Oldham players were seriously tired for the last 15 minutes, but Crewe could not capitalise. That bodes well for us if we have quality attacking players on the bench for the last part of the game (although hopefully we will already be in front by then)

Legohead

Banned
Having looked at the recent form of Oldham it's actually pretty decent. The last gasp defeat to Crewe being their first loss in their last 7. I'm maybe doing them a disservice writing them off. I still think this will be a game where we run out emphatic winners as we are due one of those games I feel.

CWH-NYC_

Well I am still over for this one, conditions I guess won’t be that good for Tuesday night. We played well enough Saturday, so will go for a repeat 2-1 win, all be it a bit more scrappy.

IndoMike

Well I am still over for this one, conditions I guess won’t be that good for Tuesday night. We played well enough Saturday, so will go for a repeat 2-1 win, all be it a bit more scrappy.
Lucky you! Hope City win for you

Boyo

We must be Oldham's second furthest away game of the season, so hopefully they won't fancy that on a Tuesday night.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We must be Oldham's second furthest away game of the season, so hopefully they won't fancy that on a Tuesday night.
According to Google Maps, we're their third (Crawley are second). although travelling-wise it's probably easier to get to Exeter than to the likes of Colchester and Leyton Orient too.

IndoMike

Weather forecast looks dodgy oop north. Snow. Hope they come down today

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Weather forecast looks dodgy oop north. Snow. Hope they come down today
Precedent suggests it's not the weather when you leave, but the weather when you arrive that's important - if our trip to Grimsby in 08/09 is anything to go by (I believe we tried to get the game postponed as we were told not to travel from Devon but were told we had to play). So I'm hoping they come down tomorrow and have a horrendous journey, only just making it in time for KO!

IndoMike

Precedent suggests it's not the weather when you leave, but the weather when you arrive that's important - if our trip to Grimsby in 08/09 is anything to go by (I believe we tried to get the game postponed as we were told not to travel from Devon but were told we had to play). So I'm hoping they come down tomorrow and have a horrendous journey, only just making it in time for KO!
Very unsporting (but I agree entirely ;) )

exeter-loyal

Should be mullering this lot really. They have the 4th worst goals scored record in the league and in terms of goals conceded have the highest in the league other than the bottom 3. I'm going for a long overdue smashing where we play like we did against Argyle. A purring performance. A result that sends out a statement to the rest of the top 6 that we mean business.

5-1 to us. Ajose hat trick.
I Bleedy hope so would sort the goal difference out a bit which is needed!