• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Walsall discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
Thought i'd turn the focus to the next game as the quicker we forget about the Crawley debacle, the better. Back at SJP on Tuesday night (7PM KO) against a Walsall side who have only lost at Cheltenham and Salford this season away from home in the league. Those away games include 8 draws, which is the same number of away draws that we have.

That being said, they have only won once in the league in well over 2 months since before Christmas. That was a 3-1 win at Vale Park. Oddly enough, the last game they won before that just prior to Christmas was a 4-3 home win against - Port Vale!

They have a defender called Cockerill-Mollett. o_O

We need to play our best side (minus Bowman & Parkes - and obviously Fisher) and attack and create chances AND WIN!

I'm going for a 2-0 win for us.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Narrow 2-1 win.

Jay and Collins for us.

Big Nige sent off 2 minutes from the end.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Isn't it bad luck to start such a thread on the day of the previous match.

Legohead

Banned
Dunno. Is it? Never done it before.

Ash

Dunno. Is it? Never done it before.
Maybe it isn't bad luck but it certainly feels wrong somehow.

Legohead

Banned
Points noted. Just eager for the next opportunity to win a football match, that's all.

Spoonz Red E

I need the science.

Has it been done before?
Did we lose the next game?

A solid answer means I may be able to bin my 'lucky' underpants.

:geek:

fred binneys head

The fact those underpants can stand up on their own means you should have binned them years ago Spoonz.

Spoonz Red E

The fact those underpants can stand up on their own means you should have binned them years ago Spoonz.
I did think of slipping into the cardboard cutouts for away games ....

Banksy

You make your own luck in football , if we’re up for it we’ll win or at least make a good go of trying.if we deserve it too we’ll be promoted , no point in worrying about other teams’ results. We have to get hold of what’s left of this season , shake it by the neck and start winning consistently , not this stop go , stop go mentality we seem to be in at the moment.
For all the shouting we are not a promotion team at the moment too inconsistent , if we don’t watch it we could get three or four losses in a row then there really would be no coming back.That gap at the top is going to widen soon with some teams starting to get it together.
So come on Taylor , no feeble tiredness excuses , start motivating.