• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Stevenage discussion thread

GrecianExile

City 3 Stevenage 0 (Bowman, Martin (either 😜) and Atangana to get his first for the club)

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
City 3 Stevenage 0 (Bowman, Martin (either 😜) and Atangana to get his first for the club)
You've obviously been in exile too long if you think Big Nige scoring on Saturday would be his first for the club.

StudentGrecian

The brain is saying a comfortable 2-0 win, Bowman double, putting his finger to his mouth to keep his doubters quiet.

However, horrible feeling that a 2-1 loss is incoming. Dominate the first half, Bowman notches one early. Controlling the game but not killing it off and we get sucker punched by 2 goals in the last 15 mins.

Unfortunately my brain isn't often right :LOL:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure I'd agree that our squad is starting to look threadbare. Obviously the keeping situation is a slight concern but I believe Visser is still available if needed. In terms of outfield players most people seem to want to see more of Matt Jay yet he couldn't get in the original 18 and there also wasn't space for any of our promising youngsters.

GrecianExile

You've obviously been in exile too long if you think Big Nige scoring on Saturday would be his first for the club.
ooh my bad, of course he scored against FGR 🙈

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jake seems very, very doubtful by what MT had to say yesterday...really hope we see Ajose in the starting 11 tomorrow.

tonykellowfan

I think there is a good case for going for a young and pacy attack.

I would rest Law and Bowman and bring in Jay and Ajose.

exeter-loyal

We need to win the next 2 home games!!

Hoping for a 4-0 thumping Saturday.

Ash

I will go for a line-up of;

(Gk) Ward
(Rwb) Williams
(Rcb) Sweeney
(Cb) Martin
(Lcb) Moxey
(Lwb) Dickenson
(Rcm) Collins
(Cm) Atangana
(Lcm) Law
(Att) Bowman
(Att) Ajose

Subs: (Gk) Arthur, (Lcb) Parkes, (Rwb) Richardson, (Rcm) Jay, (Lw) Holmes, (Att) Fisher, (Att) Seymour
Gotta get Randall on the bench somehow imho, ahead of Holmes preferably.

GrecianExile

I think there is a good case for going for a young and pacy attack.

I would rest Law and Bowman and bring in Jay and Ajose.
I think we need Bowman OR Fisher in the starting line up as a physical presence at the top end of the pitch to compete with the imposing defenders you get in league two