• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Northampton - Play Off Final Discussion Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course he would. And he’d score, like he did at Colchester earlier this season.

Mr Jinx

They kept falling over and faking injury, taking a massive amount of time to take goal kicks and throwings and their subs were kicking and throwing the ball away.
They wouldn't have done much of that up until they scored the second goal at least. Anyway, if they did do some shïthousery then all credit to them; it wins games.

When all is said and done, if we can't beat the likes of Northampton with the squad we have then we really don't deserve to be in L1. And even if we do go up, unless we replace half the squad with better players that are guaranteed to deliver, we'll come straight back down.

Legohead

Banned
Blatant time wasting I haven't got too much of a problem with. It's the faking of injury that I do have a problem with. It makes the refs job harder because he doesn't know if a player rolling around on the floor is in genuine trouble or not whilst a player taking an age over a throw in or a goal kick is obvious to spot and rarely dealt with appropriately by the ref.

Faking an injury isn't gamesmanship. What it is however is pathetic, embarrassing for the individual concerned and it's unprofessional. Any integrity a player had after feigning an injury would disappear instantly in my eyes. It's the footballing equivalent of stealing a charity donations box from a shop.

I don't like time wasting as a rule but if any of our lads did it to get an advantage then i'd be ok with that. If any of lads faked injury to get an advantage then i'd be very disappointed.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blatant time wasting I haven't got too much of a problem with. It's the faking of injury that I do have a problem with. It makes the refs job harder because he doesn't know if a player rolling around on the floor is in genuine trouble or not whilst a player taking an age over a throw in or a goal kick is obvious to spot and rarely dealt with appropriately by the ref.

Faking an injury isn't gamesmanship. What it is however is pathetic, embarrassing for the individual concerned and it's unprofessional. Any integrity a player had after feigning an injury would disappear instantly in my eyes. It's the footballing equivalent of stealing a charity donations box from a shop.

I don't like time wasting as a rule but if any of our lads did it to get an advantage then i'd be ok with that. If any of lads faked injury to get an advantage then i'd be very disappointed.
Indeed. Lincoln under Cowley were dreadful re faking injury. In the league game 2 seasons ago it seemed like every time one of their players got a heavy tackle they went down holding their head so the ref. had to stop the game. Cue a drinks break and more touchline coaching from the ugly sisters. Wycombe are also past masters at wasting time.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've just found out I'm on a late shift on Monday so it's a case of listening to radio commentary and trying to follow on the MDT.

Yesterday I was cardboard but on Monday I'm plastic. Feckin Dire.

Mr Jinx

If any of lads faked injury to get an advantage then i'd be very disappointed.
Not if it helped to get us promoted you wouldn't.

carlos fandango

Hi. Hope this is the right thread and please don't ban me! This is a genuine post! But I am a lifelong Argyle fan, and just want to say that my family and I were glued to Radio Devon last night wishing the Grecians to get a result, and you did! Added to that there are a quite a few of us genuine Green Army who really want Exeter to pull this off and get to League One. Will be listening in on Monday evening and hoping the Devon Derby can continue in 2021. ( but not like the drubbing you gave us at your place earlier in the season )!

IndoMike

Thanks to the team for reviving the season, for giving us all something to talk about other than bloody covid19, and for giving us some excitement.
You've all taken a bit of a risk by getting together again but you still gave 100% yesterday. If any team deserves some good fortune next Monday it's City.
I don't think there's any team which is more sporting than City and less cynical.
Really hope the lads can win and that they enjoy their day out. This is a huge match.

Antony Moxey

Thanks to the team for reviving the season, for giving us all something to talk about other than bloody covid19, and for giving us some excitement.
You've all taken a bit of a risk by getting together again but you still gave 100% yesterday. If any team deserves some good fortune next Monday it's City.
I don't think there's any team which is more sporting than City and less cynical.
Really hope the lads can win and that they enjoy their day out. This is a huge match.
You do know you don’t have to talk about COVID-19...

fred binneys head

I've just found out I'm on a late shift on Monday so it's a case of listening to radio commentary and trying to follow on the MDT.

Yesterday I was cardboard but on Monday I'm plastic. Feckin Dire.
I think you've just found out you're feeling ill on Monday.