• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Northampton - Play Off Final Discussion Thread

Legohead

Banned
Monday 29th of June. The mighty Grecians to face the cheating Cobblers at Wembley for a place in L1. It's surely our year. One game away (again) from glory. Discuss.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
They are going to be tough adversaries.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Providing we can take that 'lucky' cardboard cut out to Wembley (the one with a City scarf around his neck from that place 40 mileish W of the fairer City of Exeter) then we should be OK.
UTC

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
In all seriousness, what happens if there is an outbreak of Covid in either camp in the next week?

I dislike Northampton and their direct style. Surely though we will turn up this time after the last two debacles.

Legohead

Banned
I don't mind a team having a direct style if it's how they choose to play. It's players time wasting, faking injury and generally moaning to the ref every 2 minutes which they did a lot of in February. They fully deserved to win that game of course but this left a sour taste. If the game is played fairly then they can be as direct and aggressive as they like, it's up to our lads to deal with it and to find a way to counter that.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Living in Northampton I desperately hope we win so I can lord it round the town in my City shirt, it’s going to be bloody unbearable if they win.

Devonboy

Well, I thought we would be playing Cheltenham but there we are.

A difficult game to predict (as all such finals are) but surely ... this time.

Oldsmobile-88

It ain’t gonna happen,but it would be nice if the Play Off Final could be on a free a air Sky Channel.

I would imagine Sky are happy the game is going to be played behind closed doors because it will mean more revenue coming their way.The two competing clubs will not make very little relatively speaking from the TV fee.

Supporters have given up substantial ticket refunds & paid for other initiatives to help their clubs.
It would be nice if the EFL could give something back to supporters by putting pressure on Sky to broadcaster the game free to air rather than treating them like mugs who will always cough up.

Grecian_Matt

I didn't see much of the Northampton game tonight, just the last 10 minutes and felt they should be ashamed of themselves.

They kept falling over and faking injury, taking a massive amount of time to take goal kicks and throwings and their subs were kicking and throwing the ball away.

I felt like I was watching Wycombe, so no doubt if they go 1-0 up the gamesmanship will start instantly.

IndoMike

i farking hate Northampton. If the ref is not strong I foresee City being the sporting, gallant losers whilst Northampton undeservedly steal the match.

Please give us a good referee.