• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Morecambe build up thread

Legohead

Banned
We've rediscovered our scoring touch. Confidence should be back. Morecambe arrive in town having already won 5 away games this season and being ahead of us in the table by 2 places and 2 points, albeit we have a game in hand. This is going to be one tricky game i'd imagine. We're not used to seeing Morecambe at the right end of the table. I'm going to go for a 2-0 win. Bowman and Jay.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not confident about a good result for City in this game, sadly. Think we might get bossed a bit and lose 2-0.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think this will be a very tough game. The necessity of beating Stevenage meant we played pretty much our strongest available team and I imagine we will have to rest one or two players on Tuesday night. We could do with Jake or Joel being back to provide some fresh legs but that seems unlikely so not sure who will replace Nicky Law if he doesn't start; it may also be a chance for Harry Kite to show what he can do if Nigel also needs a rest. A draw would be a good result but a win would make the table very interesting.

CWH-NYC_

A win would be very welcome and if a few of the other top of the table ties go the right way the table could look very pleasant by late Tuesday night. Going to be a tough one
for sure need Saturdays magic in front of goal again.

Grecianpasty

I think the game will be too soon for Jake, and although MT wants to make changes I can only see him making two - Key and Page for Caprice and Sparkes.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's down to us at the end of the day, and hopefully score an early goal. The team's that we struggle with are the ones that pack the penalty box and catch us on the breaks, so if we score early Morecambe will have to come at us and that should open up their defence, to be seen.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the game will be too soon for Jake, and although MT wants to make changes I can only see him making two - Key and Page for Caprice and Sparkes.
Don't think Nicky Law plays twice a week. Hope I'm wrong mind.

Grecianpasty

Yes Law could easily not play. My thinking is more the fact that he's played so few games recently and Randall being Injured.

budegrecian

He doesn't usually, but as he hasn't played much recently he will hopefully have enough energy left in his legs to play on Tuesday.
Will we stay with a back three or revert to a back four? If we go with a four, I can see Key and Page coming in as FB's with Hartridge and Caprice dropping out and Sparkes moving further forward.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would play:

Maxted

Page
Parkes
Sweeney
Key

Sparkes
Atangana
Collins
Law