• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Grimsby discussion thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to say this about Ian Holloway (some from Wiki(.
Behind the joker is a good man who has been a very caring husband and father
"For the last three years of his QPR career, Holloway commuted daily from Bristol to London, a 250-mile round trip, so the children could attend a deaf school in Bristol. As a result, he developed severe sciatica.[40] They then moved to St Albans when the children were of secondary school age, for the same reason. Holloway has learned sign language, and his quirky media-friendly quotes have made him a high-profile campaigner on deaf issues and concerns.[41]
Holloway also nursed his wife through cancer.
On another forum I've weaned myself off posting, one of the regular posters was deaf, and he couldn't speak highly enough of 'Ollie for his work with the deaf community.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's also out to tidy the place up:

Legohead

Banned
Ollie says what he feels and that's why I like him. Honest, genuine bloke who doesn't have any hidden agenda or try to hide behind an image or an expected persona.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Prediction for the game tomorrow: Jayden Richardson to start at left wing back.

les.gtfc

I'm still amazed that he agreed to drop down to our level and manage us. Over 950 games and 2 promotions to The Premiership on his CV isn't bad going by anyone's standards.

I just hope he can turn our fortunes around, maybe too late to do it this season but a serious push for promotion next season is hopefully on the cards.

Red Devon

I wonder :unsure: . Could be coincidental that Matt in his presso is in the exact same spot where he gave the pre Grimsby presso? Course he was
He probably was signed yesterday MT has his left side collar turned up in both interviews as well as standing in the same spot.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He probably was signed yesterday MT has his left side collar turned up in both interviews as well as standing in the same spot.
I don't pretend to know the process, but I guess you tend to already know you're making a signing until the T's are crossed and lower case j's dotted. So probably yesterday Matt did the interview, but they held onto the footage until after all the ink had dried and it was watertight.

Red Devon

Hopefully. I think we're expecting a crowd of around 6k when a couple of weeks ago we'd have struggled to get 3 and a half. I know we've given quite a few freebies out to local schools too to help swell the gate. Not sure how many of our new players will feature tomorrow but with 3 front players doubtful, I'm sure we'll see at least a couple of them.
Les...under Jolly didn’t you play some kind of strange formation at ours this season that didn’t include any forwards

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Les...under Jolly didn’t you play some kind of strange formation at ours this season that didn’t include any forwards
Only to score about roughly 2/3 of their season total in that match!

les.gtfc

Yeah, it did surprise most of our fans as I'm sure it did your manager too. Neither James Hanson or Matt Green who had been playing up front for us started and it was Akheem Rose who started as a lone striker with Moses Ogbu and young Max Wright either side. Ogbu has now left the club, Rose is on the edges of the team now and both Hanson and Green are doubtful for tomorrow so we may see something similar again. A similar result too would be nice. :)