• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Crawley discussion thread

GJW

Let’s get back on the happy bus again.

2-0 win. We are 8 points better off than at the same stage last season. We lost the next game last season. We won’t this time, and will then be 11 points better off.

4759 crowd. Won’t be there but will be listening in on Radio Debm.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would expect a lot more experienced starting line up with Law, Jake and Moxey all to start...after his performance at Portsmouth there may even be a place for Gary Warren.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
As we are home to Crewe 3 days later this may influence Matt Taylor's team selections, especially as he is on record as saying Law cannot play two games in quick succession. I therefore expect him to juggle the squad (metaphorically, not literally) :D :D

Legohead

Banned
I want Taylor to pick his best 11 and no juggling for the visit of Crewe. Not much point in doing that if we faff about with the side and don't beat Crawley so best 11 possible please and we deal with Crewe later.

Crawley are actually a pretty useful side and although they have only won 1 away this season they have some decent results. I think they will pose us a few problems and I will just be grateful for any win. I'll go 2-1 to us with goals from not Bowman (he's due another 5 or 6 games before scoring again) but from Ajose and Parkes.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Any sort of win will do....

Red Devon

I want Taylor to pick his best 11 and no juggling for the visit of Crewe. Not much point in doing that if we faff about with the side and don't beat Crawley so best 11 possible please and we deal with Crewe later.

Crawley are actually a pretty useful side and although they have only won 1 away this season they have some decent results. I think they will pose us a few problems and I will just be grateful for any win. I'll go 2-1 to us with goals from not Bowman (he's due another 5 or 6 games before scoring again) but from Ajose and Parkes.

Deja vu.....think they’d only won once away from home last season until they turned up at SJP Good Friday only to turn us over 3:1 unbeaten in their last four visits.

OmanGrecian

Bouncebackability. 5-2 win

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
As long as we win, I dont care. Hoping for a cleansheet though to accompany the win.

Deja vu.....think they’d only won once away from home last season until they turned up at SJP Good Friday only to turn us over 3:1 unbeaten in their last four visits.

.....is the correct answer! Crawley have taken a liking to SJP in the last couple of seasons or so! Their league position flatters to deceive and they are unbeaten at home since November last year. I have enjoyed watching them a few times this season and Bez Lubala is a useful midfielder and I look forward to contest if Big Niige plays. Ollie Palmer is returning to form, a big unit up front and with Grego-Cox and Nadesan, they are not lacking in quality at this level. I'm worried about this one as I'm desperate to hang onto the bragging rights!!!!

Colesman Ballz

It will be good to welcome John Yems back to SJP. Since taking over as manager at Crawley in December, he has presided over an upturn in their results. We will certainly have to "be on our guard" against them in order to secure the three points. He has an eye for talent, and we are indebted to him for bringing David Wheeler to our attention !