• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter Mods and Rockers

nrozier

Hi there

could anyone please give me more info about teresa rozier's accident id be so grateful - she would have been my auntie

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi there

could anyone please give me more info about teresa rozier's accident id be so grateful - she would have been my auntie
Hello my friend. I only knew Teresa from her being in the old Pack Horse Inn back in the early 60's. I dont ever recall seeing her in The Clock Tower Cafe or any other place, She just used to hang out with a bunch of us when we would walk down to that pub from The Clock to play three card brag. I was about 17 at that time, and I think Teresa was a couple of years younger. I dont know why she spent so much time in that place, but it could be she was related to, or friends with the landlord: George & Lorna Kirby. She was too young to be drinking, and to my certain knowledge never did. She was a lovely girl and I can picture her now; in fact I'll never forget her. It came as a shock to us all to learn she got killed in a motor cycle incident, I believe while riding pillion (no helmet law in those days). Thats all I know; I dont know where the accident was, or who's bike she was riding on, but I believe he survived. My condolences, even after all this time, she would have been about 68 now.

NB: 'Stuffy' on here was a Pack Horse regular back in those days; hopefully he'll read this and he might have some further info.

PS. If you go back to posts 13 and 14 of this thread, you'll see where I discussed Pack Horse people who were killed or injured with Stuffy.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This response came in to our email from nrozier

Thank you so much for your memories of Teresa. It means alot to know a little bit more about her. Ive been told a few times that i'm alot like her in both looks and personality. She sounds lovely i wish id had the pleasure of meeting her. I know she was engaged to Tommy Worthington (my godfather) who was on the bike with her. He walked away without a scratch but understandably blamed himself. I personally havent heard of George or Lorna but i know my grandparents (Cath & Alf Rozier) were very close friends with the Worthington family so maybe there's a connection there? My dad is 7 years younger than Teresa and now suffers with severe ill health following a car crash. His memory is failing so i'm trying to compile notes which will hopefully act as trigger points for him to remember. I am ever so grateful for your kind words. Thank you so much!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
This response came in to our email from nrozier
You are very welcome. Good Luck with any further research, and very best wishes to dad.

Horace 64

YEP!!!! I DO and very well too. I was there in '64 when the Confederates met at Wingfield Park (Heavitree Social Centre). We would congregate in the basement area beneath what is now the bar.
Some names of chaps associated :- Dave Simmonds, Ian Ayling, Ian (Andy) Andrews, Paul Peppin, Alan Melhuish, John Escott, Dave Baker.
Great Great days....terrific memories.
anyone old enough to remember the Confederates scooter club , that ran in Exeter back in the 1960s?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did anyone ride a BSA Bantam or a BSA Bantam Major? Surely somebody must have ridden one briefly, even if you only put two stroke petrol in em'? Also who went on to be a 'bubble car' owner? They were like a Reliant Robin, where you could drive one of them on a motorcycle licence. The favorite at the time seemed to be the Issetta; where you opened the entire front of the vehicle (steering wheel an' all) to get in the thing. The other was the Messerschmidt, where you climbed in the top, got behind the wheel, and closed the 'bubble' which of course was perspex!
Pete,
I've just seen this thread for the first time. I had both a Bantam and Bantam major. Then it was on to a Tiger Cub and finally a BSA Shooting Star. Good times originally until I learned that my best mate (Kenny Burnell from Whimple) was killed in an accident on Rockbeare straight. I never rode again after that as it shook me up so much.

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete,
I've just seen this thread for the first time. I had both a Bantam and Bantam major. Then it was on to a Tiger Cub and finally a BSA Shooting Star. Good times originally until I learned that my best mate (Kenny Burnell from Whimple) was killed in an accident on Rockbeare straight. I never rode again after that as it shook me up so much.
Incidentally in those days I passed my test a month after my 16th birthday by riding round the Clock Tower block about 10 times!

Horace 64

YEP !!!!! I WAS THERE in '64 The Confederates used to meet at the Heavitree Social Centre (Wingfield Park) Great days