• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City's pasties

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Had a couple of pasties at Chesterfield game... pastry a bit bland and filling was OK-lah. Got another one at Ivor Dewdney's in Sidwell St which was a definite improvement. Is that the best one in town?
This is a metaphor for out current team. Yes? Just that I don't see how.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
The company started in Plymouth. I think it's some sort of franchise these days.

Rowe's in Plymouth city centre have the best pasty fillings ever, but the pastry is hit and miss.

PeteUSA

Once again this fixation about buying food crops up on here. Why is there this need to buy anything to eat during a 90 minute football match? Why after just 45 minutes is there this apparent mass urge to seek out a delicious 'balti pie', as if ones life depended on it? A cup of tea I can imagine, if you dont mind attempting to drink scalding gnats ****, having waited throughout the entire 15 minute half time period, or given up, as I did at the counter benieth the OG, when I saw the speed with which one unenthusiastic server decided he'd work at when dishing up said gnats ****, and dishing out undersized pre-cooked warmed up hot dogs wrapped in some kind of sealed baco foil wrapper!

Do what I did all my life FFS! Have a square meal at home if the games on a saturday. If its an evening game, theres certainly no excuse not to get your evening meal inside you before heading for fort St James! This food at football games thing is a ridiculous fad thats caught on. Ask yourselves, do you really need it?

crocks

If its an evening game, theres certainly no excuse not to get your evening meal inside you before heading for fort St James! This food at football games thing is a ridiculous fad thats caught on. Ask yourselves, do you really need it?
What if you live 125 miles away, rush out of work, into the car and hammer down to Devon just in time for k.o?

PeteUSA

What if you live 125 miles away, rush out of work, into the car and hammer down to Devon just in time for k.o?
Thats the exception rather than the rule crocks, but in the case you've stated, I'd have thought you'd have had enough time to at least get some decent fish and chips somewhere en route, or at that chip shop right by the ground in Old Tiverton Road, assuming its still there.

This grub at games b*ll*cks is simply something to moan about. Do you think dear old Gilbert Wyke, with his 'trani' to his ear ole' depended on what he could get from that old crap tea hut at the end of the Cowshed? Not a chance, and he used to get the bus up from Okehampton!

Last edited:

urinal

In the back of the Greta Garbo home for wayward bo
Or have been on the **** since 11 in the morning.

PS. I can still see Gilbert shouting at some imaginary enemy, fag in his mouth, radio to his ear, and occasionally kicking out at an imaginary football.

Last edited:

Mackster

PeteUSA you are missing out on a key element of the matchday experience. 2 or 3 pints pre-game with a decent pasty as soakage. Haven't you got any mates?

I see no appeal of going to Red Square since we got rid of Chunks, they were quality and a big mistake to price them out of the club. Customer satisfaction should be rated above profitability at a football club.

Robert S

Ivor Diddley Do Da Pasties we love you

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had a couple of pasties at Chesterfield game... pastry a bit bland and filling was OK-lah. Got another one at Ivor Dewdney's in Sidwell St which was a definite improvement. Is that the best one in town?
Did the filling fit the pastry, that is what we really need to know. Apparently problems with scale have been giving the caterers problems at SJP this season. ;)

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Not sure on pasties but dead spoilt on pies given my easy access to Pieminister.