• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City's pasties

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Had a couple of pasties at Chesterfield game... pastry a bit bland and filling was OK-lah. Got another one at Ivor Dewdney's in Sidwell St which was a definite improvement. Is that the best one in town?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Had a couple of pasties at Chesterfield game... pastry a bit bland and filling was OK-lah. Got another one at Ivor Dewdney's in Sidwell St which was a definite improvement. Is that the best one in town?
No but I believe we have a long standing arrangement with the Shaul bakery as they supplied us (sometimes I think for free or with big discounts) during the dark days. Not the best in town but far from the worst either imo. Tried a snake and pigmy pie at the Argyle game and found it quite tasty. Strangely the worst food I have had at any football ground was at Hillsborough where I threw my pie away after two bites. Best was at Hereford last season where the pie was top drawer.

FAN-TATIC

No but I believe we have a long standing arrangement with the Shaul bakery as they supplied us (sometimes I think for free or with big discounts) during the dark days. Not the best in town but far from the worst either imo. Tried a snake and pigmy pie at the Argyle game and found it quite tasty. Strangely the worst food I have had at any football ground was at Hillsborough where I threw my pie away after two bites. Best was at Hereford last season where the pie was top drawer.
I had one there too Pete, pasty went down very well. Which was more than I could say for the girl that sold it to me, who short changed me by a quid. She knew she had done it too, handed over the quid with a face as red as the ketchup on my pasty! I immediately transferred the quid into the Adam Stansfield
collection bucket and I made sure she saw me do it.

Ivor Dewdneys do a very tasty pasty if a little too peppery at times. Someone told me Gintsters do a fabulous pasty ):

Last edited:

IndoMike

Thanks for the info Pete. I'll try to find a Shaul bakery and give it a whirl.

IndoMike

I had one there too Pete, pasty went down very well. Which was more than I could say for the girl that sold it to me, who short changed me by a quid. She knew she had done it too, handed over the quid with a face as red as the ketchup on my pasty! I immediately transferred the quid into the Adam Stansfield
collection bucket and I made sure she saw me do it.

Ivor Dewdneys do a very tasty pasty if a little too peppery at times. Someone told me Gintsters do a fabulous pasty ):
From what I've heard on Exeweb, you are joking about the Gintsters, right?

Ivor Dewdney's from Sidwell St are the Barcelona of pasties. Simply the best in the world. City's pasties are not too bad, but a bit dry. Never gone up country and had a decent pasty.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The balti pies at SJP are lovely. Shame they always run out by half-time though :(

angelic upstart

Ivor Dewdney's from Sidwell St are the Barcelona of pasties. Simply the best in the world. City's pasties are not too bad, but a bit dry. Never gone up country and had a decent pasty.
Ivor Dewdney's pasties are Plymouth's finest export.

urinal

In the back of the Greta Garbo home for wayward bo
I've spent an absolute fortune on pasties.

Ivor Dewdney - Great but can be a little too spicy.

Moore's of Exmouth - Without doubt the best pasties around.

Shaul's bakery - Filling not too tasty (and there are carrots in them) and the pastry is too short.

Pasty shop in the Guildhall - Good rich filling but it can be over-bearing.

Ginsters - Tried one, found it disgusting. Never again.

Tinley's - Why the hell did it close? A cross between Moore's and Ivor Dewdney's.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ivor Dewdney's pasties are Plymouth's finest export.
I thought they made them in Marsh Barton...