• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women's Reserve Team 2022/23

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
shows how much women's football needs finance when City's reserve team have to travel to MK Dons. The travel costs for the squad will be chunky!

iscalad

I see that Harris girl is at it again.....

grecIAN Harris

I see that Harris girl is at it again.....
Yes and on the other hand no. She scored but is very much playing with last seasons injury in her mind. Consequently she is barely playing at half pace. By her own admission she is scared of any kind of challenge. Because she's not even going into them even half heartedly, the rest of her game is half hearted also and it is so very frustrating. I've suggested to Jamie that maybe he ought to put her through some tackling drills at training so that she can get her confidence in ankle back in a controlled enviroment. I'd hate to see her go into the first game at home to Keynsham in three weeks time in the mental state she is currently. And it is mental as her ankle has comfortably dealt with the stresses and strains of Long Jumping throughout the summer.
As for the rest of the game itself, City a million miles in front of where they were at this stage last season. They've managed to get a number of decent players in to boost the side, the most impressive of which is Lexi (iirc, you know how bad I was with names last season) from Bridgwater Reserves. She plays in midfield, stocky build and knows how to look after herself whilst being pretty useful on the ball. They've got a girl in up front from Torquay Reserves who will get her fair share once she settles. Bradworthy gave City a reasonable test without every really threatening the City back four. They have a girl that plays at centre half I wouldn't seeing Jamie sign. She's the first play I've seen who could have the legs on Chlo and knows how to defend properly.

grecIAN Harris

My Turkish based correspondent tells me the Reserves won 3-1 at Bideford. Good result as Bideford are a couple of divisions above where the Reserves were last season.

Rosencrantz

My Turkish based correspondent tells me the Reserves won 3-1 at Bideford. Good result as Bideford are a couple of divisions above where the Reserves were last season.
Sure did.

grecIAN Harris

The season starts on Sunday at home to Keynsham. It's going to be very interesting to see how they stack up against teams who ultimately share their ambitions, to get into the first team, and what the quality of the League will be like.

grecIAN Harris

The Reserves were drawing 1-1 at half time with a goal from Lily Burton. Having not got home until 5:30 this morning and with plenty to get organised before tomorrow I'm not there so I'm waiting on info from that girl 'arris but you know what 18 year olds are like when it comes to communicating with their parents.🙄

grecIAN Harris

The Reserves were drawing 1-1 at half time with a goal from Lily Burton. Having not got home until 5:30 this morning and with plenty to get organised before tomorrow I'm not there so I'm waiting on info from that girl 'arris but you know what 18 year olds are like when it comes to communicating with their parents.🙄
Despite a second goal from Lily, The Reserves ended up on the wrong end of a 3-2 scoreline.

grecIAN Harris

I am getting reports that the Reserves are in need of a new gaffer. Not good news as they have their re-arranged trip to MK Dons this weekend.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am getting reports that the Reserves are in need of a new gaffer. Not good news as they have their re-arranged trip to MK Dons this weekend.
Paul Tisdale is free, I think.