• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women Development Squad 2021/22 Season

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lost count now, Chloe's gone off with cramp.

geoffwp

I'm assuming it was the keepers fault as her name is Spiller.

geoffwp

Mmmm, a very rude awakening tonight. The girls are getting ripped to shreds at the moment. A combination of the best opponents they've come against, a new set of girls and not such a good standard in the side unfortunately.
Ian, a genuine question here as I've little knowledge of the womens game generally yet alone at a local level.
I pass by Bishops Lydeard often. You get to it and a minute later you've passed it. How come a quantock village with a population of a few thousand has such a strong team to beat a development side from a city with 30 or 40 times that number quite so convincingly? It does seem rather odd. Is there some over riding factor that has made the village a magnet for good players? Or are they fairly average and it was just our team that was poor because we have been unable to entice better players? It all seems so random but is that where the womens game is right now at local level?

grecIAN Harris

Ian, a genuine question here as I've little knowledge of the womens game generally yet alone at a local level.
I pass by Bishops Lydeard often. You get to it and a minute later you've passed it. How come a quantock village with a population of a few thousand has such a strong team to beat a development side from a city with 30 or 40 times that number quite so convincingly? It does seem rather odd. Is there some over riding factor that has made the village a magnet for good players? Or are they fairly average and it was just our team that was poor because we have been unable to entice better players? It all seems so random but is that where the womens game is right now at local level?
They have a very good set up there Geoff. I don't know what is in the Taunton locality as far as women's football is concerned. Even with last season's side, we would have had a tough evening as they're the best side I've seen City come up against. As to our own issues, have a look back through both of the women's threads for this season and you'll see what I think our problems are this season so far.

Rosencrantz

From a quick look online, Bishop's Lydiard have a very established women's set up, established in 2001. Interestingly there is no women's team in Taunton so they do seem to be the main women's team around that bit of Somerset. Although their first team play a level below City, their reserves who our development team played last night are in the top division of the Somerset League. Before the reorganization, City's development side were in the lower division of the Devon League although that was a lot to do with Covid stopping the last two seasons.

It isn't unusual for a women's team to come from a "small" place but seemingly punch above their weight. You only have to look at Buckland who compete alongside City's first team. They have had a very good women's set up that has been established for longer than City's.

grecIAN Harris

Well tomorrows opening game of the season has been cancelled due to 'registration issues'. Whether that's ours or Seatons I don't know. The Development Side now have a friendly down at Torquay Utd Ladies 2nds, hopefully more balanced test than Thursday nights game.

AndyB

Well tomorrows opening game of the season has been cancelled due to 'registration issues'. Whether that's ours or Seatons I don't know. The Development Side now have a friendly down at Torquay Utd Ladies 2nds, hopefully more balanced test than Thursday nights game.
Where is it being played Ian?

grecIAN Harris

Where is it being played Ian?
Stoke Gabriel

grecIAN Harris

1-0.. ...1-1, that girl 'arris again for City. The Chipnickers have just equalised on the counter. City should be firmly in control but greediness from a certain individual and not pulling the trigger means it's 1-1

grecIAN Harris

2-1 City Lilly Byrne with a volley from just inside the box.