• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2022/23 Season

Martin Weiler

What an opportunity now to build the Women’s game even further. Brilliant to see Jill Scott as part of the winning team. Way back in 2006 she was a stand out player when the England Under 21s played France Under 21s at our very own St James Park. There were over 4,000 at SJP and who knows who Scott and her teammates may have inspired that night.
Scott was highlighted on the match day programme cover - and now joins a small band of players who have won a major international trophy and played at SJP.6DBEA002-BAF0-4FE9-A612-13E274A213AE.jpeg

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
17.4m people watched the final on the TV. 👏👏👏 Hopefully all this will trickle down to the ECFC's women's team to bolster even more interest locally (Attendances, Recruitment of local players) Maybe a chance for members of the team to go to schools etc to show girls what they can achieve?

Last edited:

Leads

What an opportunity now to build the Women’s game even further. Brilliant to see Jill Scott as part of the winning team. Way back in 2006 she was a stand out player when the England Under 21s played France Under 21s at our very own St James Park. There were over 4,000 at SJP and who knows who Scott and her teammates may have inspired that night.
Scott was highlighted on the match day programme cover - and now joins a small band of players who have won a major international trophy and played at SJP.View attachment 8934
Nice! I was at that game but to be honest can't remember too much about it. Don't think I got a programme either.

Will be great if the attendances increase this season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scott was highlighted on the match day programme cover - and now joins a small band of players who have won a major international trophy and played at SJP.View attachment 8934
I was at that game and watching last night I did wonder if she had played then. Thanks for the confirmation.

Bridgy 81

Continuing the theme of women’s football over the past day or so all being well I plan to go to watch my local team play E.C.F.C.‘s women on Wednesday evening in a pre-season friendly.
I’m not sure that they’ll be many, if any, from on here there, so I’ll post an update of some sort on the evening or shortly after if anyone’s interested.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Don't forget you can support the team by buying a season ticket

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
ST sales doubled on last seasons total, That is awesome, Hopefully after this past weekend it'll get even better and the fact they're playing in Exeter, All weather pitch and some games at SJP is a real boost for the profile of the team, I do wish I lived closer cos I'd certainly go, Even if I couldn't make all games I'd purchase a ST at £45. Well done to all involved. 👏👍

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Positive write up on the club's increased support on since 71 a site championing women's football

Bridgy 81

City lead. Nice strike from outside the box on 7 minutes.
But Bridgy equalise after 15 with a beauty.
I'm not very familiar with either lineups and can't find any information but Bridgy's starting eleven look young.
Some meaty challenges from both teams.
Ref has had to speak to some players already.
Welcome to Bridgwater!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
ST sales doubled on last seasons total, That is awesome, Hopefully after this past weekend it'll get even better and the fact they're playing in Exeter, All weather pitch and some games at SJP is a real boost for the profile of the team, I do wish I lived closer cos I'd certainly go, Even if I couldn't make all games I'd purchase a ST at £45. Well done to all involved. 👏👍
I think that if you know you can't get to games it might be better to donate directly in some way, rather than buying a ST, as the latter are subject to VAT so the Treasury get 20% of that money.

Reactions: DB9