• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2020/21 Season

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here's something for our resident womens football guru to get his teeth into if he thinks City are doing poorly as to who they look after the City womens side. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53839756

grecIAN Harris

Scorers were
Emily Toogood 7 mins, Connie Pengelley 25mins, A Trialist 32 mins, Own Goal 51 mins, Megan Robinson 71 and 82 mins and Esme Kilburne-Thompson a debut goal in the 89 minute.
Well done to Esme. She was part of the Devon Development squad with Chloe last season.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here's something for our resident womens football guru to get his teeth into if he thinks City are doing poorly as to who they look after the City womens side. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53839756
ALso strange that the "Guru" of all things women's footballwise hasn't been commenting on our signings this summer or perhaps he really is a scandinavian myth!

Dannyred

haha 😂 You are trying to educate me on what I have known for ages, I know a couple of players at Liverpool and know how tough it’s been there.

The main stream media only talked about what an amazing club Liverpool are and all the success but failed to mention the treatment of the women’s players and there relegation, Says a lot about the club when you look at there rivals Manchester City and Chelsea and there support for women’s football.

My concern is that my club are doing the right thing for females ootball.

Grecian 1901

Friendly at Ilminster Town this evening.

Red Devon

Friendly at Ilminster Town this evening.
Yooth or first team?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
haha 😂 You are trying to educate me on what I have known for ages, I know a couple of players at Liverpool and know how tough it’s been there.

The main stream media only talked about what an amazing club Liverpool are and all the success but failed to mention the treatment of the women’s players and there relegation, Says a lot about the club when you look at there rivals Manchester City and Chelsea and there support for women’s football.

My concern is that my club are doing the right thing for females ootball.
Because "Liverpool" in the MSM is the men's XI. Not Liverpool women, u18's, over 45's or walking football team

I suspect most Liverpool fans are delighted with a European Cup and a Championship title for the first time in 30yrs, and if that has come at the 'expense' of the women being relegated, then so be it.

Dannyred

Chelsea Women just paid £300,000 for a striker,

If City were to find a talented player and sold her on to another club where would the money go too as unless things have changed I am to believe the club don’t own the women’s team yet.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
So what you have been saying, about doing this that and the other with the women's team, when money is tight or non existent would only benefit a third party as we don't own thier team. Get some reality to your arguments FFS.

And £300,000 to chelsea is like diddly squat to them they pay more for 16 year olds

Dannyred

So what you have been saying, about doing this that and the other with the women's team, when money is tight or non existent would only benefit a third party as we don't own thier team. Get some reality to your arguments FFS.

And £300,000 to chelsea is like diddly squat to them they pay more for 16 year olds

The women’s team could run like the men’s do on producing talented young players from across the West Country and selling them.

As I pointed out clubs are paying decent money for women players now compared to recent years and if we produce decent players money could be coming in, Sadly as I was told, the club don’t own the women’s team and that needs to change.

You need to learn more about the women’s game before commenting.