• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2020/21 Season

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The women’s team could run like the men’s do on producing talented young players from across the West Country and selling them.

As I pointed out clubs are paying decent money for women players now compared to recent years and if we produce decent players money could be coming in, Sadly as I was told, the club don’t own the women’s team and that needs to change.

You need to learn more about the women’s game before commenting.
You don't appear to have addressed the points in the previous post?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You need to learn more about the women’s game before commenting.
You use this phrase quite often when you're unable to articulate an answer. It's not appropriate to tell people if they can voice an opinion.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The women’s team could run like the men’s do on producing talented young players from across the West Country and selling them. You are demanding immediate action all the time, our academy hasn't happened over night, you will find it's roots back in the day prior to us being a trust run club, whilst we have a blue print we could follow for the women's team, I do believe that they do have a development centre which some of their current squad has come through. The likes of Ben Chrisene Ethan Ampadu Archie Collins were developed over time not magically appeared! As I said if you are comparing the likes of Chelsea women and the fees they pay, with that of their men's team, then the £300K is a mere drop in the ocean for them

As I pointed out clubs are paying decent money for women players now compared to recent years and if we produce decent players money could be coming in, Sadly as I was told, the club don’t own the women’s team and that needs to change. The club have adopted the women's team and are ploughing resources into it, pray tell who owns the womens team, not just heresay

You need to learn more about the women’s game before commenting. This is Exeweb so I don't!

All I ever read from you is negativity, about my club, (which I have supported since Alan Banks was banging in the goals in the famous red and white), and implication that you are an expert on the women's game, (although I haven't read a report from you on any of the women's matches so I assume you don't attend), dropping names (well not actually names but again implying that you are mixing it with the elite of women's football) and quoting unnamed contacts willing to invest in the club. All this to me is Bull****, and as I suggested in my previous post get some reality to your posts. We are currently going through a worldwide pandemic, which has seriously affected our main income source. We are reliant on sell on clauses to survive next season, as well as not being able to further strengthen the main squad for the coming season.

From your sources do you know how much it costs to run an academy, or even a football club, do you know what our wage bill is like, do the women get paid, what sort of contracts do they have, are agents involved, whilst you are interested in women's football does these mean the whole public are, what sort of crowds would attend SJP for the opening fixture against Pole Town if it were to be played there do you have any facts pertinent to ECFC Womens team to back up, also on the pitch front where would the money come from to upgrade the pitch to the level that it could be played on week in week out in the winter so that we don't end up playing on a bog like it was becoming prior to lockdown.

If you bother to respond please answer all my queries (with evidence) so that I could in future believe what you are typing and not just trolling

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't hold your breath grecian-near-hell.

DawlishBouy

Chelsea Women just paid £300,000 for a striker,

If City were to find a talented player and sold her on to another club where would the money go too as unless things have changed I am to believe the club don’t own the women’s team yet.
When you were told that the women’s team is not owned by ECFC were you not interested enough to ask who does?
Or does your interest in women’s football only extend to giving you an opprtunity to be negative against ECFC?

If you are a supporter of women’s football you are doing a very poor job of positively promoting it. On the Brentford forum the women’s team thread has had no one post on it since October 2019. So f you’re a troll you’re doing a brilliant job

Dannyred

When you were told that the women’s team is not owned by ECFC were you not interested enough to ask who does?
Or does your interest in women’s football only extend to giving you an opprtunity to be negative against ECFC?

If you are a supporter of women’s football you are doing a very poor job of positively promoting it. On the Brentford forum the women’s team thread has had no one post on it since October 2019. So f you’re a troll you’re doing a brilliant job
The last that I heard was Exeter City Community Trust were owners.

I have not seen or heard of any change but did hear that Richard Pym gave the team £10k which is massive.

Again I am not doing a poor job, the women’s team would of been barely mentioned as like you mentioned Brentford women’s team are not talked about anymore.
I did say a couple of years ago women’s football is on the up in a big way and it would be great if City had a successful team.

Arthur Davey

Chelsea Women just paid £300,000 for a striker,

If City were to find a talented player and sold her on to another club where would the money go too as unless things have changed I am to believe the club don’t own the women’s team yet.
Reckon if we found one and sold her to Chelski we'd still be waiting for the money.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Again I am not doing a poor job, the women’s team would of been barely mentioned as like you mentioned Brentford women’s team are not talked about anymore.
There was already threads going on the women's team, not started by yourself, for at least the past two years which were reporting on any updates and match information along with general musing on the women's game. They were running to some considerable length before you started posting.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The last that I heard was Exeter City Community Trust were owners. Again heresay, but on this occasion probably right, if you review the financial statement of the trust (which is a charity with it's own board of trustees) it would give you a bit more insight into what the charity has planned for the team and it's development

"In order to build on the success of our girls' football programme, the charity has successfully provided a pathway for players into local college football academies, university teams and Women's Clubs. The success of this pathway has largely been down to the new Development Centre and the intention is to introduce a Women's development team playing into the Westward Developments Womens Football League thus providing a pathway to the main Exeter City Women's side.

The charity continues to investigate opportunities to obtain new facilities within the greater Exeter ares which would allow it to expand its activities outside of its traditional Exeter city centre base."

I have not seen or heard of any change but did hear that Richard Pym gave the team £10k which is massive.Hear or read, widely reported on Twitter and other media https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2020/august/women-richard-pym/

Again I am not doing a poor job, the women’s team would of been barely mentioned as like you mentioned Brentford women’s team are not talked about anymore. Anybody can troll and speculate like you have without providing any evidence. Donald Trump does it all the time
I did say a couple of years ago women’s football is on the up in a big way and it would be great if City had a successful team. It is (on the way up, just not at the speed you insinuate) and we do have, from where we were a few seasons ago, unfortunately as mentioned in my earlier post the success you yearn for, takes time and money, none of which the club or charity have or ever has had an abundance of.
Curious you have chosen to ignore my earlier post or perhaps you are gathering evidence to support your arguments

Dannyred

Brazil have announced equal Pay for Men’s and Women’s teams.