• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2020/21 Season

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mr Chairman is down here watching.
I think you'll find it's Mr President and Director of External Affairs 😉

grecIAN Harris

Whatever Taggys description is, he even helped take the nets down at the end of the game.
Any, 8-1 to the Development side in the end. I don't think they could have hoped for a better start against a Uni side who might be a few weeks behind with their fitness. I think they play each other again before October is out so it will be interesting to see how well todays result stands up then.

Rosencrantz

Antony Moxey

Well done to your girl Harris. Pulling on the famous red and white stripes in whatever guise is something that deserves recognition, and topping it by scoring too is the icing on the cake. You must be a very proud dad.

Dannyred

Isn’t he part owner of the women’s team ?

Dannyred

In fairness to Danny, if Chloe wasn't playing football I doubt I'd have very little interest in the womens games. Although it is played by the same rules it is a very, very different game and doesn't grasp my attention because I find it rather slow and laborious in terms of the pace of the game. However, Chloe is playing so I will be at King George V giving her the same ear ache from the touchline she would have got if she had been a son, supporting her side (whoever they maybe but obviously City in this case) and keeping a keen eye on what is going on with them and those around them. That said Danny, there are people on here who really couldn't give a t0$$ with what is happening with local club football. I must admit to being caught on the hop and wasn't aware that the D&E League season started yesterday but had I know I would have been down at Wingfield Park watching Winkleigh turn over Heavitree with two goals in the last ten minutes to win 3-2. I'm quite sure that, without the added family interest that todays game brings, I would have found that far more entertaining.
On another note Danny, how much interest do you take in what the Australian government are doing? Probably not a lot and why? Because it's on the other side of the world and doesn't have that much effect on the day to day of your life. A bit like the Australian womens team for me.
First thing Well Done to Chloe for scoring and being part of an impressive 8-1 victory.

It was clear that you would have little interest in the women’s game with some of your reply’s, it’s not easy for a girl or woman to be involved in football in any capacity.

On your final note, a fair bit now due to the women’s World Cup which is due to be held there in 2023

DB9

First thing Well Done to Chloe for scoring and being part of an impressive 8-1 victory.

It was clear that you would have little interest in the women’s game with some of your reply’s, it’s not easy for a girl or woman to be involved in football in any capacity.

On your final note, a fair bit now due to the women’s World Cup which is due to be held there in 2023
I'd thought at this time it is the best time for a young girl or woman to be involved in the womens game, There are clubs at all levels sprouting up all over the country, Schools have been encouraging it for a number of years now, A proffesional league in its infancy, According to you having deals made, Equal pay for the national teams. Its just the product has got to improve, Which it will, But you just want to run before you can walk. As for the ECFC womens team at all levels, They're growing but that will take time.

grecIAN Harris

Well done to your girl Harris. Pulling on the famous red and white stripes in whatever guise is something that deserves recognition, and topping it by scoring too is the icing on the cake. You must be a very proud dad.
Obviously proud Ant. She's come on in leaps and bounds (no puns intended for those who know of her long jump talents) already this season. To be playing for City even at development level is no mean feat but when you consider she only started playing competitively at 15 and she's only 17 next month it sharpens the achievement.

AndyB

Obviously proud Ant. She's come on in leaps and bounds (no puns intended for those who know of her long jump talents) already this season. To be playing for City even at development level is no mean feat but when you consider she only started playing competitively at 15 and she's only 17 next month it sharpens the achievement.
I watched the match Ian.
A very good performance.
Some really good players in the team and a few stood out for me.
I have to say Chloe was one of those. Looked technically very good. Great feet, and always looked dangerous.
Probably the only player who impressed more was the number 6 (Phoebe). She looked very composed and assured at centre back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Season review