• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2019/20 Season

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Keep throwing "the bricks" you pathetic fantasist. You need two things bring it about, the right people to drive the ambition and the money to fund it ! If it isn't done sustainably it's not worth a damn. Yeovil are the top Club currently in these parts, but they slashed the teams budget this season, and there are surely question mark's if they will even exist next season. Their record as a Club doesn't inspire confidence, shut their academy in the quest to make the Championship , ok they lasted one season but are now in the "boondocks" of the Conference as a result. Notts County had a high profile Womens team, and shut it down overnight when money got tight, and guess what, they are in the Conference too !

The seeds have been sown for the development of the women's game at Exeter City, the results are already tangible and I am sure it will become ultimately be very successful. If you had any real desire to further that, you would embrace it , get invoved and probably end up getting a great deal of satisfaction along the way.

That is part of the empowerment that comes with the Trust ownership model, the opportunity to engage and become part of the SOLUTION !

DB9

Just out of interest, how many potential pitches, i'm thinking of the likes of Heavitree Utd etc, are there with in the Exeter City area that could host a women's game? And also WHY are the Women's games not played on one of these pitches? Is it because these clubs are not interested in supporting their City's main women's team, or is there a more obvious reason?
I'd love to know Andy, If there was a suitable place I'd like to think something could be arranged.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
So females don’t matter when it comes to them playing football in Exeter but we are grateful for their much needed support of the men’s teams as without them our clubs attendances would be poor.

We own our football club should be changed to we Only own our Men’s Football club.
You could use the same argument for all our academy aides. City u8's don't play at SJP, nor do the u18's yet they are still part of the club and noone thinks they don't matter, or their support for the first team isn't valuable.

You are trying to make out that everyone who doesnt agree with the ladies playing at SJP is a raging sexist who thinks they should be making the tea and washing the kit instead.

I agree with DB9, trying to get them playing in Exeter would be a start. If not the c&f then how about the university?

Rosencrantz

Just out of interest, how many potential pitches, i'm thinking of the likes of Heavitree Utd etc, are there with in the Exeter City area that could host a women's game? And also WHY are the Women's games not played on one of these pitches? Is it because these clubs are not interested in supporting their City's main women's team, or is there a more obvious reason?
I think the reason they play at Speed Meadows is that there is/has been a historical relationship out there. The history of City's women team has been quite checkered. At one point the team reverted back into Cullompton Ladies FC if my memory is correct.

As I have stated previously it would be nice for City WFC to have a permanent base in Exeter and they have played at Exwick Sports Hub. I haven't been down there since they have done the place up from its old Civil Service set up so am not sure how comparable it is to Speed Meadows. I guess there might be a minimum ground quality rule somewhere in the league although I cannot find any mention.

Reactions: DB9

LOG

I think the reason they play at Speed Meadows is that there is/has been a historical relationship out there. The history of City's women team has been quite checkered. At one point the team reverted back into Cullompton Ladies FC if my memory is correct.

As I have stated previously it would be nice for City WFC to have a permanent base in Exeter and they have played at Exwick Sports Hub. I haven't been down there since they have done the place up from its old Civil Service set up so am not sure how comparable it is to Speed Meadows. I guess there might be a minimum ground quality rule somewhere in the league although I cannot find any mention.
I believe the part about the historical relationship with Cully is correct.

I think that there is also a lack of pitches within the city that have the necessary facilities attached but Speeds Meadow meets the requirements.

Dannyred

You could use the same argument for all our academy aides. City u8's don't play at SJP, nor do the u18's yet they are still part of the club and noone thinks they don't matter, or their support for the first team isn't valuable.

You are trying to make out that everyone who doesnt agree with the ladies playing at SJP is a raging sexist who thinks they should be making the tea and washing the kit instead.

I agree with DB9, trying to get them playing in Exeter would be a start. If not the c&f then how about the university?
When you mention u8 team you devalue your point as those who work hard and reach the first teams of Exeter City they should play at the Home of the club both Boy or Girls should have that same dream at a fans owned club or any club.

Yes I agree getting the women’s team to play in Exeter is a big start.

LOG

Genuine question, do you know of anywhere within the city that has the required facilities? Other than SJP, of course.

Dannyred

Keep throwing "the bricks" you pathetic fantasist. You need two things bring it about, the right people to drive the ambition and the money to fund it ! If it isn't done sustainably it's not worth a damn. Yeovil are the top Club currently in these parts, but they slashed the teams budget this season, and there are surely question mark's if they will even exist next season. Their record as a Club doesn't inspire confidence, shut their academy in the quest to make the Championship , ok they lasted one season but are now in the "boondocks" of the Conference as a result. Notts County had a high profile Womens team, and shut it down overnight when money got tight, and guess what, they are in the Conference too !

The seeds have been sown for the development of the women's game at Exeter City, the results are already tangible and I am sure it will become ultimately be very successful. If you had any real desire to further that, you would embrace it , get invoved and probably end up getting a great deal of satisfaction along the way.

That is part of the empowerment that comes with the Trust ownership model, the opportunity to engage and become part of the SOLUTION !
What did you do for the women’s team when you were on the trust board?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
When you mention u8 team you devalue your point as those who work hard and reach the first teams of Exeter City they should play at the Home of the club both Boy or Girls should have that same dream at a fans owned club or any club.

There is no pathway through for girls to the ladies first team. It is just a stand alone team.
I'd support that there should be a structure for girls to play under the Exeter City banner and for the ladies team be the ultimate progression from these youth sides. But we aren't there yet.

I coach my daughter's team up here. We come up against AFC Wimbledon, Crystal Palace and Sutton Utd ladies / girls teams in our league fixtures as well as other traditional grassroots clubs.

i8cornwall

Unless things change then I have been told by my contact that the plan in place is for all matches to be played there.
Nothing has been announced, it’s still on going and the plan will probably be for some of there games to be played there, probably similar to Bristol City and us.