• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City (who?)

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've forgotten that 4-0 fixture had even happened,
Now this is one of the funniest things I've read on banter for a long time.😂😂
I think it's called post traumatic stress syndrome.

STURTZ

Loved the way the players got booed off by their own fans! Defeat to your bitter rivals must have been so hard to take.

Curley

Now this is one of the funniest things I've read on banter for a long time.😂😂
I think it's called post traumatic stress syndrome.
Not at all Geoff. It was embarrassing at the time no doubt but overall it was a small dent in a much bigger picture, like I alluded to previously, one club was successful that season and one wasn't. Just a shame because of the pandemic we missed out on the inevitable league title;)

Curley

Loved the way the players got booed off by their own fans! Defeat to your bitter rivals must have been so hard to take.
You'd know all about that wouldn't you Sturtz?

Grecian2K

Not at all Geoff. It was embarrassing at the time no doubt but overall it was a small dent in a much bigger picture, like I alluded to previously, one club was successful that season and one wasn't. Just a shame because of the pandemic we missed out on the inevitable slump back into mid table
Amended in the interests of probability theory.

Curley

I'll be down next Tuesday curley to watch Bolton bag ourselves 3pts, a Sarcevic double is my prediction, lads done well now he has made the step up to an actual big club.
How did this work out for you then? I reckon even little Exeter would have done a job on Bolton tonight. Awful outfit.

Also it was nice of Sarcevic to remind us all where his heart lays ;)

i8cornwall

How did this work out for you then? I reckon even little Exeter would have done a job on Bolton tonight. Awful outfit.

Also it was nice of Sarcevic to remind us all where his heart lays ;)
I was wondering how long it be before you popped up curley, na fair play the best team won last night, we where terrible.

I'll make sure to wave when we finally pass you on our way back to the premier League at some point in the future.

Trapdoor

to be fair, the conditions made it a bit of a lottery.

if argyle somehow do get promoted it will be a disaster for them. nearly destroyed the club last time.

STURTZ

to be fair, the conditions made it a bit of a lottery.

if argyle somehow do get promoted it will be a disaster for them. nearly destroyed the club last time.
Ah, those heady days of Guilfoyle and Ridsdale, probably Argyle's greatest ever pairing!

Grecian2K

Ah, those heady days of Guilfoyle and Ridsdale, probably Argyle's greatest ever pairing!
I think you are being a little sparing with the discredit there Sturtz.

I mean, who can forget Kagami-san who inspired their self appointed (and self important) web-meister to "travel to the Orient" to try and rescue "his club". Sadly for the Stain subsequent trips were to the East London rather than Far Eastern version.

Or Sir Woy "Mangyle United til they die" Gardner, or his partner in grime Paul Staplegun.

And, finally, (dis)honourable mention to poor old Harry Plotter who, far from turning his empire into a Cornish equivalent of the Hilton chain eventually couldn't even hang on to the one building that he had in Exeter.

Heroes all, in the panoply of Grecian comedic legend.