• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Walsall Matchday Thread

Grecianpasty

What a strange performance. We had so much energy and drive to compete, and then it stopped there...

I'm going to put it down to a lack of experienced heads in the final third.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let’s look at the positives:

- clean sheet
- good performance from hartridge
- gained a point on Carlisle, Cambridge, Forest Green and Newport
- Seymour showed some ability, with terrible service
- Jokull’s kicking was pretty much perfect, no dodgy kicks at all
- that’s it I think

We need a win against Orient.
Thanks for the summary. I have been busy this evening, sounds like I didn't miss much!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let’s look at the positives:

- clean sheet
- good performance from hartridge
- gained a point on Carlisle, Cambridge, Forest Green and Newport
- Seymour showed some ability, with terrible service
- Jokull’s kicking was pretty much perfect, no dodgy kicks at all
- that’s it I think

We need a win against Orient.
- good performance from Josh Key as well

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a strange performance. We had so much energy and drive to compete, and then it stopped there...

I'm going to put it down to a lack of experienced heads in the final third.
Agreed. We looked like we were at it, but lacked quality when it mattered. Plenty to be positives though and hopefully today was something to build on for Saturday when we will have Bowman back.

arthur

I can only assume that when Matt did his coaching course he somehow managed to miss the Module "Making effective substitutions". I wonder if the FA does refreshers?

Atangana for Taylor weakened the midfield, Sparkes for Randall was fine except that Sparkes replaced Willmott who replaced Randall, thereby breaking up the effective Key Willmott partnership and ensuring neither Willmott nor Sparkes did anything of note for the rest of the game.

And Fisher for five minutes. Just why?

Bah

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought better than Saturday, but still disappointing, and too many underperforming- it's the draws that are going to kill our Auto hopes.

First half Key and Willmott were gelled second half nothing from them
Randall a shadow of his earlier self, and if I was him I would sign a new contract if one was offered at the same time as Key and the others
Best game from Hartridge who would have been my MOM for what it would have been worth works well with McArdle, Page looks good but could not work it out with Randall, and WTF did the hell was he looking for with that over hit cross - disappointing.

McArdle's effort was offside unfortunately and Seymour should have done better when put through by Jay.

I reckon Taylor was taken off for fear of reprisal and possible red after Sinclair clobbered him.

Atangana ? Hmmmmmm = Fisher

Anyway onto Saturday when we will see if Bowman is the missing link

Red red

Plenty of energy so much better than Saturday but not going to score if there until midnight. Play offs at best .

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sparkes is going backwards big time.

Shame as I think he has some quality.

Playing him on the right is a farce.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
People saying Seymour looked decent tonight ??

He looked like a 16 year old out there.

arthur

McArdle's effort was offside unfortunately
I saw at least 3 City players standing offside just before the kick was taken. I assumed this was a cunning plan and they'd move back just as the kick was being taken, but they didn't. Nothing unfortunate about it - just incompetent